Rivers and Roads from Wargamer's Terrain

Started by bigjackmac, 26 July 2016, 11:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjackmac

All,

In my continuing quest to build a better looking wargame table ('tis been a long and arduous road, slowly but surely I'm getting there) I recently put in an order with Wargamer's Terrain for some rivers and roads.  Not long thereafter I received them, and they're fantastic!  I wanted to show them off a bit, give others a look at the products, and say thanks to Joe Linares, the proprietor of Wargamer's Terrain, who was an absolute Prince regarding the order.  So here's a quick blogpost to show you what I received; they feature in the next batrep you'll see from me, probably tomorrow.

I don't have a lot to say, so bear with me, mostly it's gonna just be you looking at photos.  I didn't really plan this out, just threw some stuff on the table; here you're looking at some of the rivers and roads spread across a 3' x 3' setup.  This is not all of the rivers and roads; I bought a full set of both, and the came delivered in a fine, sturdy box.  This is only some of it, there's a bunch still in the box!

Overall, I'd guess I probably just purchased over 5 foot each of rivers and roads.  To see a bunch more photos, please check the blog at:
http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2016/07/rivers-and-roads-from-wargamers-terrain.html

I'm very happy, they look absolutely great.  I've got two more batreps from this past weekend to post, both of which use the roads here, and one uses the river as well.  So keep your eyes peeled!

V/R,
Jack

d_Guy

Jack, those do look very good. Thanks for all the pics at your blog. Look forward in seeing them put to use!
Sleep with clean hands ...

Techno

Like the rivers. :)
What do the roads use for the 'texture', Jack ? :-\
They look like very coarse sand/glasspaper.....But I assume they're not that 'rough'.

Cheers - Phil

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Wulf

Very nice, possibly better than the ones I have. Are they flexible or rigid? How wide are the wet bits? And how thick/high at maximum?

bigjackmac

Hey guys, thanks for the comments.

The roads aren't sand paper, but they look like a large grit-sand.  I don't know what he used to make the rivers; it looks like canvas with flock thrown on, but I don't know what the water is.  It's rubbery and transparent.  The roads and the rivers are very flexible, like a noodle, and both are very thin, maybe 1.5mm?  The water itself is about 3" wide, though it varies slightly.

V/R,
Jack