Single or Double columns?

Started by Leon, 26 July 2016, 08:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

Quote from: Itinerant Hobbyist on 29 July 2016, 04:54:26 AM
Single is winning, but I vote double.

Doesn't matter I'm buying them either way.
Is that your first post Mr Hobbyist? If so, welcome to the Forum.

Might I congratulate you on your intelligent decision to join this collection of the errudite, the talented, the knowledgeable and me.

It's a forum that repays constant attention. There's always someone who will post "a picture of my first efforts" that will have you snapping yoiur brushes in frustration. Then there are those who will pique your interest by unearthing some long forgotten campaign, and the good souls who post battle reports with supporting ilustrations that get the gaming juices flowing. Then there's me.

There's a friendly atmosphere, with what could be described as sone good natured joshing, and there's always someone who will support and encourage and offer positive criticism. Then there's me.

Welcome. Enjoy.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

OldenBUA

Quote from: Leon on 28 July 2016, 08:43:34 PM
Just to be clear, what do you mean exactly by table header?  Just the title for that particular table, or something else?

What Ian said. The header info for the unit data 'Army lists', so Troops, Arm, Move, AT, AP etc should be on top of each page. Really helpful when a list covers more than one page.
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Leon

Ah right, I'm with you now.  That'll definitely get done, I hate it myself when you've got keep flicking back and forth to check which column you need.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

Quote from: Leon on 29 July 2016, 06:20:44 PM
Ah right, I'm with you now.  That'll definitely get done, I hate it myself when you've got keep flicking back and forth to check which column you need.

Yep, coolio 8)

barbarian

Don't you have a graphic designer helping you ? (for money, I mean ?)
Wouldn't it be more efficient to use his pro experience ?

Did I mention I am a graphic designer ?  :D
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: barbarian on 01 August 2016, 07:27:37 PM
Don't you have a graphic designer helping you ? (for money, I mean ?)
Wouldn't it be more efficient to use his pro experience ?

Did I mention I am a graphic designer ?  :D

Graphic designers are expensive...! 

I usually do all the graphic design myself, normally just flyers and magazine adverts, so this is a bit of a bigger project!  I normally work with Photoshop but I've just started using InDesign and I'm slowly getting used to how it works.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

barbarian

Be sure to check your marging and some other technical stuff before sending it to print.

Heck, I can have a look at it for free if you wish.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

jimduncanuk

Quote from: Leon on 01 August 2016, 08:19:32 PM
Graphic designers are expensive...! 

I usually do all the graphic design myself, normally just flyers and magazine adverts, so this is a bit of a bigger project!  I normally work with Photoshop but I've just started using InDesign and I'm slowly getting used to how it works.

Remember to include some white space.
My Ego forbids a signature.

nikharwood

Quote from: barbarian on 01 August 2016, 09:38:52 PM

He's superbly civilised, that barbarian ;)

Leon

Quote from: barbarian on 01 August 2016, 09:38:52 PM

Thanks for the offer, I'll have a look once it's complete.  I'm fine with the margins for print and stuff, no worries there.  Warband came out fine, so I hope we'll be OK!

Dave Fielder

Romeo and Juliet is a Verona Crisis

FierceKitty

Quote from: nikharwood on 01 August 2016, 11:52:59 PM
He's superbly civilised, that barbarian ;) ...

...OR his tribe hasn't moved on to the idea of cash. He may be hoping for special discounts in the near future. ;) There is, after all, an unspoken understanding that I'll be getting 50% off my first ten packs of Mexicans.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Something weird here, got this thread as a new post, last one shows post as 01/08/16 ????

And no Kitty, you wont get that discount, should be paying at premium rates for those....

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

Quote from: ianrs54 on 31 October 2016, 07:06:37 AM
Something weird here, got this thread as a new post, last one shows post as 01/08/16 ????

And no Kitty, you won't get that discount, should be paying at premium rates for those....

IanS

If you'd spent less time cocking a snook at the Cambrians, your voice might have been heeded in this debate.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.