Warband Units (not in the book)

Started by Nosher, 21 July 2016, 08:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosher

Just wondering out loud if there are any plans to expand Warband to include some new units that aren't currently in the rulebook?

There's quite a bit in the fantasy range that might make for some fun units. Maybe 'hired' mercenary units of no particular alliance that could be bought as optional units?

Giant frogs?
Mythical warriors - the Egyptian Warriors etc?

Are there any plans for new armies beyond whats in the book?

Or am I just mad  8-}
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Leon

We'll be adding more to the ranges, but it'll be a long-term thing.  We've got the remaining 4 armies left to release over the coming months and then we'll be sending Techno off onto some other ranges for a bit.  We'll probably keep adding little Fantasy bits and bobs here and there when we've got a gap.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

I hope they're going to be what I think they are.  :)

Cheers - Phil

fred.

I think Nosher is suggesting adding stats for models that already exist.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Orcs

While not a Warband player I have a suggestion

Create a sub- list for people to submit the stats for these extra units, Armies or house rules.  Not sure what's involved but it could have a file download section.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Nosher

Quote from: fred. on 22 July 2016, 07:33:33 AM
I think Nosher is suggesting adding stats for models that already exist.

I was.

But also curious as to whether there will be an expansion in the future to include other fantasy armies.

I might do some 'work' on a few things that spring to mind whilst on holiday. I will have to be careful to make it look like musings as I quite like my testes where they are and wargames is strictly off limits whilst holidaying.....
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Nosher

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 22 July 2016, 08:18:47 AM
While not a Warband player I have a suggestion

Create a sub- list for people to submit the stats for these extra units, Armies or house rules.  Not sure what's involved but it could have a file download section.

I like that idea ;)

Did I see something on formulas for working out unit costs or is that strictly under wraps at penalty of having testes removed and inserted in closest orifice?

Frank Carson

Leon

As a slightly longer term plan, we'll be creating an online army builder for Warband which should be able to support units/ranges not contained in the main book.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

Quote from: Nosher on 22 July 2016, 11:10:10 AM
I will have to be careful to make it look like musings as I quite like my testes where they are.....

Yeah, I'm old-fashioned like that too ;)