Pendraken Website

Started by mollinary, 19 July 2016, 08:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Steve J

Not fixed when I just searched :(

d_Guy

30 July 2016, 02:37:10 PM #62 Last Edit: 30 July 2016, 03:16:02 PM by d_Guy
As of five minutes ago:
Google search does not return the Pendraken website (at least in the first three pages) but returns every mention of Pendraken on other sites. Pendraken Facebook is 4th result.
Bing, however, returns results as you would expect - Pendraken website, Facebook are first two hits.

During this event I have not gotten the redirect to shoes that others report. The above is probably not new info but FWIW.

I don't know much but have seen redirects occur because of compromised browser plugins and/or stupid viruses that rewrite the etc/host tables on user machines. Something like this might be complicating the problem

PS: for S&G just reported my search results to Google.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

fsn

I don't get the Pendraken Website in quite a few pages, but if I search for Pendraken Inter War (for example) I get the Pendraken site.

Quote from: Steve J on 30 July 2016, 02:22:58 PM
Not fixed when I just searched :(
Did you use a search you've used before? It might be a cache result returned.

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

GrumpyOldMan

Hello

Just tested vanilla Google and encrypted  google and they are both linking to the real site. I will keep on using encrypted google now as a default search though.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Heedless Horseman

Quote from: FierceKitty on 20 July 2016, 03:18:13 AM
If so, I hope you'll be cautious. Since Magister Militum overhauled their site, it's become really hard to get to the page one wants to view. I wonder if it's hit their sales.

I second that, though it seems a little better now...gave up on it for a while. 'Shiny', new toy does not always mean better...still annoying.
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Techno

Whey-Hey.

For me.
Googled Pendraken, and the first option was Pendraken Miniatures.....And it took me to the right site......
Huzzah, Blackadder !  :)

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

Yep, just worked for me :)

mollinary

And finally, it now works for me! Hurrah!   :-bd :-bd <:-P <:-P

Molllinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Dave

Thank god, its been a nightmare with a drop in orders due to the web host - now changed  :D and having to take reduced pay!!!!!

Dave

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

You mean you get paid DAve ?

IanS  ;D
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

Dave, hope there's compensation coming ... even if it's just a nice new pair of shoes.

fred.

2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

d_Guy

And Google now delivers the proper search results here also. Probably the error report I sent them.  :D
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Leon

And it seems to be working for me as well, finally!  I'll get Matt to confirm everything's sorted behind-the-scenes as well, just to be certain.  If it is fixed, it's a huge weight off my shoulders, this whole debacle has been awful.  Hopefully we can get back on track and get some orders coming in again!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!