Pendraken Website

Started by mollinary, 19 July 2016, 08:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mollinary

I can access the forum, no problem.  But I cannot get into the main site either from the forum, or from outside. Anyone else having the same problem?

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

paulr

Works for me from the forum
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

mollinary

And now it works for me?!?
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Leon

It's been a bit slow the past couple of days, I think the old bones holding it together are getting a bit creaky.  It might be time for a shiny new one...
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

Quote from: Leon on 19 July 2016, 10:26:21 PM
It might be time for a shiny new one...

You say that like you mean it...

;) 8)

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

If so, I hope you'll be cautious. Since Magister Militum overhauled their site, it's become really hard to get to the page one wants to view. I wonder if it's hit their sales.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

John Cook

See the new Pithead website.  Easy to navigate and every product is properly illustrated.

Techno

Something seems a bit waffy, if you try and Google Pendraken miniatures. (At the mo', anyway)

Don't get any sort of link to Pendraken.co.uk....... (I'm sure it used to be there, right at the top of the page......I tend to get to the forum, by Googling Pendraken and clicking on the link to the forum...and sometimes I'd hit the 'Main Page' by accident and end up there.)

Now..... one of the links , supposedly to Pendraken (fantasy ?), shunts you to some sort of site that sells boots or shoes.

The Google link to the forum comes up OK...and the link to the main site from the forum works fine.

I'm confused. (As usual)

Cheers - Phil.

fsn

Quote from: Techno on 20 July 2016, 05:35:01 PM
Now..... one of the links , supposedly to Pendraken (fantasy ?), shunts you to some sort of site that sells boots or shoes.

And that's what you tell Mrs T when she catches you.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

fred.

Phil - you should just be able to type pendraken in the address bar, it will come up with auto-complete suggestions, which should include the forum.
Or you could save a book mark
Or you could have a nice browser which has your most popular pages on its home page.

Or you could do like me and never actually close the tab with the forum in.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

petercooman

Quote from: fred. on 20 July 2016, 08:02:12 PM
Phil - you should just be able to type pendraken in the address bar, it will come up with auto-complete suggestions, which should include the forum.
Or you could save a book mark
Or you could have a nice browser which has your most popular pages on its home page.

Or you could do like me and never actually close the tab with the forum in.

Phil, If you use firefox, just right click on the tab with the forum and choose 'pin tab' and it will open everytime you go on.'

Techno

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

It wasn't so much my rather roundabout way in reaching the forum that was confusing me...it was the fact that Google didn't seem to show a 'plain' Pendraken miniatures link, when I'm sure it usually does. (Or has done)

I did try 'triping' Pendraken.com in the addy bar....which pointed me at Pendraken.co.uk...Which DOES go to 'the shop'.

I just thought that if someone wanting to have a look at 'the shop' just tried Googling Pendraken, they might have a bit of a problem.

It's probably the Pendraken site's host (?) playing silly b's again ?  :-\ (Said he, guessing wildly, as usual.)

Cheers - Phil

fred.

I see what you mean Phil. If you put Pendraken into Google you get a result which appears to be for Pendraken Fantasy but goes to this link http://www.louboutinsale.me.uk/#pendraken which is about shoes. Something is wrong here.

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

fred.

Googling about this it indicates that the web server may have been hacked. Leon you probably need to speak to your web host.