Bill Braham - RIP

Started by Leon, 16 July 2016, 08:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

It's with a great amount of sadness that I have to pass on news that Bill Braham died in the early hours of Friday morning. 

Bill was a long-standing member of the wargames community and a close friend of us here at Pendraken for many years.  He was a member of the Pike & Shot Society and many of you in the UK would have seen him at shows up and down the country sat behind their table.  In the past he had also helped out on both the Pendraken and Baccus stands.

I think Bill was probably the most knowledgeable person I've ever met.  Almost any subject raised could be discussed in depth and in a way that made the information so easy to understand.  He was my 'go-to' when it came to any historical query we needed answering, and I'm sure many of his posts here and on TMP were helpful replies to people's questions. 

His loss will be felt by many, and I for one will certainly miss our chats.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

ronan

I offer my condolences to you and his family.

Leman

What a shame; one of the key figures in the hobby.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

My heartfelt condolences. :(
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

Deepest condolences to his family and friends
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Sandinista

clibinarium

This is awful news. I corresponded with Bill over the AWI range; he was exceptionally knowledgeable on the subject. He really ought to have written a book, which is something we joked about as there isn't a single definitive guide to the armies of the war.

This is a great loss.

Poggle

Techno

17 July 2016, 06:42:10 AM #8 Last Edit: 17 July 2016, 09:10:22 AM by Techno
Sorry to hear that, Leon.  :(

Wracking my brain.....I can't remember meeting or talking to him.....But the name is just SO familiar.  :-\

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

nikharwood

Westmarcher

Didn't know Bill (but would have liked to) but ..... sad as an onlooker to see the grief of guys who did .... and somewhat poignant that more of us on the forum are now approaching that final frontier.  :(

So, for those who knew and mourn Bill, please ... remember him fondly and celebrate his life.  <:-P

As for the rest of us .... lets honour Bill and other war-gamers who have recently passed by enjoying what time we have left.

As I said, I didn't know Bill but from the little I do know about him, I somehow feel he would approve. My condolences to all who knew him.   
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

fred.

Well said.

Not someone I knew, or even knew of, but my condolences to his family and those who knew him
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

KTravlos

My deepest condolences to his friends and family.

d_Guy

Yes, condolences and gracious comfort to his friends and family.
Sleep with clean hands ...