July 2016 Newsletter!

Started by Leon, 14 July 2016, 02:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

14 July 2016, 02:03:37 AM Last Edit: 17 August 2016, 10:42:53 PM by Leon

Welcome to the Pendraken Miniatures newsletter!

Hello everyone and welcome to another round-up of all the latest news from here at Pendraken HQ.  This month has seen a huge number of new releases, so let's get straight into them!

Latest Releases!

> 19th C. Marching Band - We mentioned these last month and they're now available.  Early sales have been surprisingly strong for such a random item, so we're hoping to see some painted up very soon.

> Romans & Gauls - These two ranges have been delayed far too much since we first previewed them so long ago, but they're here now and ready for purchase!  The old ranges will be removed from the website in the coming days.

> Revamped KV Series - As part of our WWII vehicle revamps, we've had the KV series all remodelled, with a new KV-1 and KV-2 available, along with the addition of the KV-1E as well.

> WWII Brit Tank Crew - Sticking with WWII and as a result of all your requests, we've added a nice little crew of tankers taking a well-earned break for a cup of tea!

> T-34 Variants - After WWII, both Egypt and Syria took some T-34's and converted them into some rather interesting looking bits of kit!

> Resin Hedges - The stone walls we released earlier this year have gone down a storm so John at Ironclad Miniatures has worked up some excellent hedges to go with them!

> Dark Age huts - And finally this month, Escenografia Epsilon have been working on some more pre-painted 10mm items, with a pair of Dark Age huts now available.

In The Pipeline!

With all those new releases moulded and available, we're continuing to add more new sculpts to the queue back here at Pendraken HQ.  This month we've gone back to work on a new batch of additions for our WWI ranges.

Shows!

After a short summer break, our next show will be taking us north of the border and up to Edinburgh for the excellent Claymore show, taking place on Saturday 6th August.  If you'd like anything bringing along to this one, please make sure to let us know before Saturday 30th July please.

Website Photos!

Forum member Matt J has been working his magic on all of our Modern Vehicles recently and they look outstanding.  We're going to be sending the more recent modern releases down to him as well, along with the full Indo-China range, so we can't wait to see those.

Minibits Corner!

It's been a while since we've had anything new on the Minibits side of things, but after many customer requests for them, we've added a range of multiple dice frames to the website, allowing you to fit more marker dice on your bases.

Blitzkrieg Commander!

We're still working away behind the scenes on this, and we'll have more info for people as soon as we can.  We've also been working with a graphic designer on the new cover, so we'll pop a pic of that up once it's complete.

Website Issues!

Some of you may have noticed that we've had a few issues with Google recently, mainly with false 'Hacked' labelling which has caused us a lot of problems at this end.  We've been working on those and we're hoping to have fixed most of them soon.  We're also working on a longer term solution, more details on that to come next month!

Battleground!

Our annual Battleground show takes place in November each year and we've now started the organisation for this year's event.  All of the trader and gamer forms have gone out, so keep an eye on the website or the Facebook page for the latest updates.

And that's it for this month.  If you've got any comments or queries, let us know!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Wulf

The hedges look a bit low when compared with cavalry. More garden hedges than field boundaries.  Not that that's a bad thing - I find bigger hedges easier to make with clump foliage!

Nosher

Agree with Wulf on the hedges. A bit tidy, but a pleasant addition to the terrain available. I look forward to bigger ones and bocage.... ;)
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

FierceKitty

Tortillas are getting cold....
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leon

We can look at higher hedges in future, but we wanted to keep these at the same prices as the walls.  Bocage is also on the list to be done as well.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Wulf

It;s the gates that get me. They don't look like they'd be much above knee high to a standing figure...

They look designed for 6mm minis.

Hmm... might be useful for my 3mm minis...  :-\

Leon

14 July 2016, 02:18:41 PM #6 Last Edit: 14 July 2016, 02:20:40 PM by Leon
Here's a picture of the gate/hedge next to some figures, so the gate comes to a little over waist height and the hedge around shoulder height.