Claymore, Edinburgh

Started by Leon, 14 July 2016, 12:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

jimduncanuk

Quote from: FierceKitty on 05 August 2016, 01:06:38 PM

All real men have beards.

I have a beard, I keep it in tiny little bits inside my shaver. I clean them out every decade or so even if it doesn't need done.
My Ego forbids a signature.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

fsn

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

kodiakblair

Real beard here. Who'd fake the nicotine stain on it ?

If you spot a bald fella sporting many tattoos, the afore mentioned nicotine stained grey beard and he answers to "Davie "

That'll be me ;)

Probably wearing a dragon bowling shirt too.

Ithoriel

Had a great day, despite older sprog having to drop out.

Spent most of the day talking to people - friends, traders, family ... random strangers.

Met two people who it turned out weren't Westmarcher but with whom I had interesting conversations!

Bought some 1st Corps gladiators, some spray paint cans, a 15mm scale Sphinx to use with my 6mm Egyptians, some bits and pieces from Leon and Adele (forgot the SU-122's dammit!) and that was about it.

All the traders I spoke to seemed to think they'd had a profitable day which is a good sign.

There are pictures here

http://s1335.photobucket.com/user/ithoriel/library/

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

jimduncanuk

Great pictures Mike, much better than mine.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

d_Guy

Ithoriel, I enjoyed your photo albums, thanks!  Particularly liked that you included many of the title posters for the games.  :-bd
Sleep with clean hands ...

Techno

Great piccies, Mike.  8)

Thanks for popping those up....(Or should I say, the link to your album ?)  :)

Cheers - Phil

Westmarcher

06 August 2016, 08:18:02 PM #25 Last Edit: 06 August 2016, 08:37:45 PM by Westmarcher
Yes, great pictures indeed, Mike - a very comprehensive pictorial report. Unfortunately, I didn't get there until about 1.55pm so probably missed everyone (as usual)! However, talked to Leon and his lady(?) at the Pendraken stand, conversed with a few Pendraken customers and wargamers running games and generally enjoyed the show, too.  :-bd

Leon thought you might still be around, Mike, but maybe because I don't know what you look like when you are not smiling (remember, all I had to go on was a photo of a grinning bearded guy sat in a pub), I never saw anyone who might have been you.    :(

@ Kodiakblair. Should have read the thread again before I set off (so might have recognised you) and set off too early for Edinburgh (10.00am) to read your second post. Obviously, didn't see you either, Jim. D'oh!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

paulr

Great pictures :-bd =D> :-bd

I particularly liked the Russo-Japanese naval game  :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

jimduncanuk

Westmarcher

Terrific close-up, Jim. I liked the naval battle, too, and even though I took a photograph of the game I was thinking later on that I should really have taken a close-up like yours also.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!