Noshers ECW for Baroque

Started by Nosher, 13 July 2016, 06:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd and incredibly fast =D> =D> =D>

Now that Westmarcher has pointed it out, I agree on the wheel rims ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Zippee

Must admit I never noticed the wheel rims as I was so taken aback by the officers breastplate being converted to a buff coat  :D

I agree though the rim and clasp in contrasting colours is a fundamental part of the look of 17th century guns, it's a must have.

that said, on the table, mid game, who cares. As a collection it looks good and the game looks terrific, so don't listen to us sniping from the side-lines and crack on Nosher.

Nosher

So today I tarted up the artillery clasps and have finished the Royalist foot in entirety. Three command stands the final dragoon unit and a group fo shot/forlorn hope musketeers.

Next up the Parliamentarians - 9 units of foot, 2 units of dragoons, 1 commanded shot, three command stands and 8 artillery.

After those I will move onto the cavalry for both armies.

I hope to make a start on these after the family holiday.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

toxicpixie

Very tasty! What did you use for the red on that infantry brigade? It's popped very nicely!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Nosher

I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

toxicpixie

Cheers, I'm always on the look out for a good covering red; I'll have to see if I can remember to pick up their Scarlet next time I see them at a show!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

mollinary

Vallejo Scarlet is brilliant, the best I have ever had, and it really pops!

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

toxicpixie

I'll bear that in mind as well! I can get the Vallejo from my FLMS up the road...

Should I take a wander up later  :-\

Nosher

Sorry it's vallejo Scarlet..... straight over a black undercoat

Frank Carson

toxicpixie

Sounds like a trip to the FLMS might be in order for Monday!

Subedai

Tasty looking chaps...and lots of them.

MickS
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

toxicpixie

Meant to say before, thanks both for the recommendation on the Vallejo Scarlet - it's a cracking red, excellent coverage and pop!