Hello From Wiltshire

Started by FratmanBootcake, 05 July 2016, 09:35:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FratmanBootcake

Hi all,

I've recently started getting into Pendraken's stuff and have also bought a copy of the Warband rules. Anyone from Wiltshire area on here?

howayman

Welcome aboard.
Wiltshire not as exotic as Dallas, but still. . .
Not from Wiltshire myself, but there must be others.
There MUST be others.

fred.

Quote from: FratmanBootcake on 05 July 2016, 09:35:17 PM
Hi all,

I've recently started getting into Pendraken's stuff and have also bought a copy of the Warband rules.

Good man!

Welcome - not from anywhere near Wiltshire now - but I did spend a few months living near Salisbury some many years ago!
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

PB

Hello and welcome, but sorry on the other side of the world

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Hello and welcome from Bedfordshire...
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

jimduncanuk

No idea where Wiltshire is but welcome anyway.
My Ego forbids a signature.

nikharwood

Welcome, FB :)

I'm in Somerset (West Somerset, Dunster) but seem to be spending a fair amount of time over your way at the moment...whereabouts in Wiltshire are you?

Leon

Hi FratmanBootcake, welcome to the Forum!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

d_Guy

Hello FmBc. Welcome to the forum. It is a wounderous place. Given that you might be a Druid - may I ask - are you Orthodox or Reformed?
Sleep with clean hands ...

Bodvoc

'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Steve J

Techno

Welcome from Pembrokeshire, FB.  :-h

Cheers - Phil

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

fsn

06 July 2016, 08:33:31 AM #14 Last Edit: 06 July 2016, 08:45:52 AM by fsn
Welcome Mr Bootcake.

Interesting handle by the way, and your forum ID is curious as well.

Just checking, this is Wiltshire, the fair county in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, and not Wiltshire, Mississippi? One does need to make sure because not only are the ungrateful colonials capoable of armed insurrecton against their just and noble king, but they are not above appropriating place names from these green and sea-girt isles. "New York"? What was wrong with the old one? Having said that, the indiginous names seem to be made from really bad Scrabble hands. I have great respect for the Native American, but find they rival the Welsh in unpronouncibility.

"Let's call this new town after where we were born, Bach!"
"What, llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch?"
"Maybe not. Tell me indiginous person, what do the locals call this place? ... TangipahoaPlaquemine"*
"Bless you."
"Hmmm. What about New Middlesborough? My wife's best friend's Auntie came from that way."
"No, look you, that's a bit depressing."
"What about Aberdaugleddau?"
"Dai man! No! You know my sister had a baby to that insurance salesman from Aberdaugleddau!"
"Dafydd?"
"They're all called Dafydd, all six of them."
"Well how does she tell them apart?"
"She calls them by their father's surname."
"There's clever."
"But not getting us to naming this place. What about naming it after the first thing we saw when we got here?"
"I think there's already a place called 'Horse's A**e'. "
"I know! How about where we all met up? Llantwitfardre?"
"What's that, indiginous person? It means what is your lovely language? ... and is that even possible? ... not even if you're married. I see. You think that would attract the wrong sort of Native American, and there wouldn't be a woman or a leek safe between noon and sunset? In summer. When the wind comes from the West. On days when the eagle flies. Well it seems mighty specific to me. Perhaps we could risk it?"
"Never Man! Awfully pround of my leeks I am. Would be heart broken if something happened to them!"
"Ah Bach! Shall we just call it New Swansea then?"
"It'll do for now. What say you indiginous person? It means what? That's all right. We don't grow carrots."  

*with apologies to Native Americans for banging two unrelated place names together. **
** I didn't need to do this for the Welsh.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!