New KV models!

Started by Leon, 03 July 2016, 04:12:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

The remodelling project continues and this month it's time for the KV series to get the treatment.  We've got revamped versions of the KV-1 and KV-2, plus a new KV-1E model as well.

WWII
Russian - http://www.pendraken.co.uk/World-War-II-c19/Russian-sc128/
SV18 - KV-1   £3.00
SV30 - KV-2   £3.20
SV74 - KV-1E   £3.00

And the pics:

SV18 - KV-1

SV30 - KV-2

SV74 - KV-1E

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Steve J

Techno

They're a bit good !  8)

Cheers - Phil

petercooman

Nice!

Do you have a picture of the kv 2 from a different angle? maybe it's the angle of the picture, but the turret seems small.

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

Quote from: petercooman on 03 July 2016, 08:10:21 PM
Nice!

Do you have a picture of the kv 2 from a different angle? maybe it's the angle of the picture, but the turret seems small.

Agree with the "Nice!" comment ... though my bank balance may not!

Turret looks OK to me, though barrel is perhaps a little shorter than the one on the left but around the same size as the one on the right

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

nikharwood

petercooman

03 July 2016, 10:05:22 PM #8 Last Edit: 03 July 2016, 10:40:03 PM by petercooman
I don't know, in every picture i have seen, the barrel goes further than the front of the hull. That's why i asked :)

There was however an early model with a 122mm , maybe this was shorter.

slinky

Barrel definitely looks too short to me

petercooman

03 July 2016, 10:36:54 PM #10 Last Edit: 03 July 2016, 10:39:39 PM by petercooman
Quote from: Ithoriel on 03 July 2016, 09:28:17 PM
Agree with the "Nice!" comment ... though my bank balance may not!

Turret looks OK to me, though barrel is perhaps a little shorter than the one on the left but around the same size as the one on the right

So i copied the link to your second picture and it read :

http: / /waralbum.ru/wp-content/uploads /2014/07/early_production_KV2_tank.jpg

Put some spaces in the link so you can read it:  early production kv2 tank. So that would be the 122mm and so shorter than the 152mm. (wich would be in your first picture)

Wulf

Yes, that looks a very under-endowed KV2...

mart678

Looking at the pictures of the 2 KV2's the one on the right looks like its gun has stuck partway through firing due to failure of its recoil system so the rest of the barrel is inside the turret

Dave

Quote from: slinky on 03 July 2016, 10:23:41 PM
Barrel definitely looks too short to me

I can length the barrel, the turret is the right size for the earlier version - down to counting road wheels!!!!

Dave

mart678

Hi Dave the difference in length for the Early KV1 and a KV2 is the KV2 is 8inches longer :D :D :D :D :D that will be the barrel overhang at the front(with a 152mm gun)