Any T-28 around?

Started by Wulf, 27 June 2016, 04:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wulf

Does anyone make a Soviet T-28 early Great Patriotic War tank in 10mm scale or thereabouts? They have done, I have 4 of them, I thought they were very old Pendraken, but I can't find them in the catalogue...

Now, having singularly failed to notice the Vickers Medium in Pendraken's catalogue, I'm not sating the T-28 isn't there... but I can't find it!  :D

I think thisy may be Minifigs, it has the same look as the Minifigs T-35 I have.

So... what I really want, if available, is a T-28 with separate tracks to assemble to the hull. These have a one-piece hull. I have a fairy Kikaku resin T-28e (the ekranami version with improved armour), and, as usual for them, the tracks are split down the middle into front & rear sections. If a metal version exists, and is a decent match for size, I'd like to avoid the join, and give this featherweight some extra mass...

So... anyone know of something?

Wulf

fsn

27 June 2016, 06:09:04 PM #2 Last Edit: 27 June 2016, 06:13:56 PM by fsn
Beat me to it!  :)

From memory the tracks come separate.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Wulf

27 June 2016, 07:04:09 PM #3 Last Edit: 27 June 2016, 07:08:27 PM by Wulf
I should have known.   :-[

However, if the tracks are separate, it's a different one to these. So, the big ask, can anyone assist by

a) confirming the tracks are separate

b) Measuring the length of tracks - wheel centre to centre, total length, anything will do.

Incidentally, if the tracks are NOT separate, it may be the same one. That pic doesn't look like they are. The underside of these looks like there are 6 circular indentations, like a drill has been used to hollow out the master, also the two MG turrets are separate.

Wulf

A close comparison between the pic on the Pendraken site (where did that appear from?  :o ) and the minis I have confirms that they are one and the same (well, 4 and the same), and no good for this idea. Good minis though, very nice detail considering I must have bought them over a decade ago!

So either I settle for my attempt to make a straight track out of two wonky bits, or find an alternative - Minifigs do one (see, I can find that...) but there's no photo & I have no idea of dimensions. Minifig tanks do usually have separate tracks, I think.

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Wulf

28 June 2016, 12:20:07 PM #6 Last Edit: 28 June 2016, 12:33:09 PM by Wulf
You're right, so do I now... but I did see one...

I give up, I really do...  :'(

nikharwood

I can still see it... here you go:

Wulf

I can see it at home, on Firefox, but not at work, on Internet Explorer 8 (we're stuck with 8 because of legacy software).