The great pull-out

Started by Grenadier, 24 June 2016, 03:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grenadier

Congratulations on the Brexit! (I guess).  I always thought it would come to this as I believed the whole social-economic experiment was doomed to failure. How could a collection of countries with vast differences in language, culture, religion, economy, diet, currency and government possibly ignore 1500 years of bickering, war, religious and ethnic persecution, revolution and genocide, believe they could create a homogeneous quilt of prosperity and happiness?  It was inevitable that nationalistic pride, prejudice and phobia would eventually erode the shoddy stitching which held it together.  Now the first patch has fallen off, which is next?
OK, that's my rant from America, now I'm going to listen to Morrissey's, "The National Front Disco"

Cheers!

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

;)Bloody yanks..... ;)

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leman

Yeah, cos Cajun folk are so like the people of Maine. Oh silly me, of course, when Louisiana tried that the northerners just twatted them. Should we expect the EU army any day soon?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

Like I've said in another thread.....Can we keep 'Brexit' right away from the forum, Gang.

It'll only likely to cause bad feelings between our esteemed members.

Cheers - Phil

Leman

Well, between members anyway!
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

Andy....

As far as I'm concerned, you're all esteemed. (Is that good English ?...Doesn't look right.)

Cheers - Phil.

petercooman

Only thing i'm saying about the brexit is that the euro to pound rate has dropped.

I'm putting my available funds through paypal and i'm trading my euros for pounds, so i can order more minis.

So that's a nice end to this thread, brexit provides more minis!

this is not meant to be offensive, just trying to lighten the mood

Ithoriel

I suspect I am getting quite enough catharsis on FaceBook :)

Happy to keep the topic off this forum.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

d_Guy

Quote from: Techno on 24 June 2016, 05:51:28 PM
Andy....

As far as I'm concerned, you're all esteemed. (Is that good English ?...Doesn't look right.)

Cheers - Phil.

:-bd Yes! We are all esteemed together! I like being esteemed instead of just steemed!
And like Peter, also placing an order!
Sleep with clean hands ...

cameronian

Ok ... I won't mention it ...I won't mention it, nope, I won't mention it, no way,  I won't mention it ... WAAAAAHOOOOOO!!!!
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Just back from a three day residential trip with my year group at school, awesome! Zip wires, climbing, swimming, mountain biking😋
So cool!

Is that far enough off topic?
Sleep deprived Will
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Roy

[post edit] ML just beat me to posting

The great pull-out?  :-\

My old history teacher used to advise putting a heavy stone in the man's shoe so he couldn't get his leg over.

I was also advised that when it had been pulled out, not to then wipe it on the curtains lest you want a rollicking!

:D

I think that should have derailed this topic nicely  ;D
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

d_Guy

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 24 June 2016, 07:47:39 PM
[post edit] ML just beat me to posting

The great pull-out?  :-\

My old history teacher used to advise putting a heavy stone in the man's shoe so he couldn't get his leg over.

I was also advised that when it had been pulled out, not to then wipe it on the curtains lest you want a rollicking!

:D

I think that should have derailed this topic nicely  ;D

;D
Yeah - my first impression was that I had returned to 8th grade health class in 1962!

d_Guy

Incidentally - I would say the success rate of that happening is - oh I don't know - 1 in 55?

jchaos79

I think the question relevant here is:  Is this going to affect the prices of Pendraken figures?