Fourth Napoleonic Game with One Hour Wargames

Started by bigjackmac, 24 June 2016, 02:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjackmac

All,

Well, the British managed to turn the tables on the French, and now the Brits are pushing ahead and the French are doing their best to fall back on a hill they hope will anchor their defensive line.  The British are many and pushing hard, the French are few, dispersed, and without a direct route to the hill.  General Dadie is visibly shaken, while General Nickolls is licking his chops.

Overview, north is up.  The French will begin the game with all units below the river (lower third of table, running east to west).  The roads are simply decoration, conferring no movement bonus.  At dead center is a large swampy area that is impassable to all troops, as are the two woods on either side of the table.  The hill, Mont Bleu, is at the top of the table and is the victory objective for both sides.  The British will start with all forces off the table, but all units will enter the table via the southern (bottom) edge on Turn 1.

Fifteen turns to see who holds the hill; it may as well have been on Jupiter...  To witness the slaughter, please check the blog at:
http://blackhawkhet.blogspot.com/2016/06/fourth-napoleonic-game-with-one-hour.html

More to come!  I've got a pretty cool looking WWII skirmish game to post yet.

V/R
Jack

petercooman

Techno

Some you win.....

Your turn for good fortune next time, perhaps, Jack ?

Cheers - Phil

Leman

Nice looking scrap and report. I empathise - totally stuffed yesterday by a rules newbie who didn't lose a single unit.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Nah - it was the ex-cop. Tricky beggars they can be.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Steve J

bigjackmac

Thanks for looking guys, though it's hard to read through these tears.  Somebody tell him to go easy on me, please. ;)

V/R,
Jack