pigmies (15mm)

Started by melfortuk, 14 March 2010, 04:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melfortuk

I am hoping to build some units of pigmy forces using 10mm pendraken miniatures, can anyone suggest suitable figures to use for them - spear, bow, javelin, club & blowpipe.
Malcolm ???

Leon

What kind of look are you going for?  And how short would they need to be?  Most of our Fantasy is in the 10-12mm range, would this be short enough against 15mm stuff?  My first recommendation would be the Barbarians, but they might be too tall for your needs.  Shorter and squater would be the Halflings, but these are clothed, and pygmy's are a tribal type aren't they?  If you give me a bit more info, I'll be able to recommend something and get you some pics.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

nikharwood

Reading this has made me want some zombie-pygmies a la The Mummy Returns...but I want them for 10mm - so they'll need to be 5mm - if you see what I mean  ;)

I have *no* idea what I'd game with them - but they'd be great  8)

You remember them, right?

melfortuk

Leon
I rekon on using 10mm barbarian types, maybe zulu for spear/club armed, but am still looking for bow and blowpipe?

Malcolm

Leon

We've got Barbarian's with spear/sword/bow, etc.  Not sure about blowpipe though, I can't think of anything with that kind of pose.  I'm just trying to think if there's anything in the Ancients that would do, some of the Gallic's might be a possibility.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

I've had a chat with Dave, and he said that the Masai tribesmen from the WW1 ranges could be a possibility?  The code is NEA3.  They don't have blowpipes, but might have the correct look you're going for?  Let me know if you want some pics.

melfortuk

Leon

a picture would be nice,

Malcolm

Leon

Here you go:

I don't know if you can make it out very well in the picture, but they've got a frill/decoration around the heads, kinda like this, but not as big!

Last Hussar

Did any one else have coarse thoughts seeing that picture? :o :-[
I have neither the time nor the crayons to explain why you are wrong.

GNU PTerry

Leon

Quote from: Last Hussar on 20 March 2010, 03:54:29 AM

No!  Honest...

:-[

nikharwood

Quote from: Last Hussar on 20 March 2010, 03:54:29 AM

I think you should come out on-the-pull with me: I'll  redefine this for you  ;)