Euro 2016

Started by Westmarcher, 12 June 2016, 08:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westmarcher

Good start, Wales! Well done against a team rated better than you - but it's only one game - don't get too carried away.

Well played, England - but what was that at the end? Should have won it.

Next up is Northern Ireland. Good luck to all 3 Home Nations.  m/

[As for the Neanderthal England fans - time to grow up! OK, whilst it appears Russian fans started it all off again at the game end, this thuggery and hooliganism has been going on over the last few days. You are a disgrace to all decent England fans and the rest of the UK].
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Leman

Doubtless Ian will be miffed at Wales' current position in the Euro footie.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Roy

:( Oh dear, the small of minority of In-ger-lund fans who spoilt it for everyone seem to have overshadowed everything else.

I noted, that during the half-time commentary section of the Wales match, it was mentioned that the Welsh and French fans had been coexisting peacefully the night before at the fan's zone and had celebrated France's win together. Nice one the Welsh  =D>

Football-wise. I had Slovakia to win, so was very happy for the Welsh victory. I reckoned Russia would draw or win, so was really behind England and willing them on till that stupid flare and explosion went off in the Russian fan's section of the crowd  :(
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Westmarcher

Brave fight, NI. No luck.  :(
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

barbarian

I am in Marseille.
It is mainly our neanderthals from our Club (Olympique de Marseille) who started most of the incidents with the foreigners ( English and Russians)
But media prefer to blame the foreigners, so that social peace is kept in France.
2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: barbarian on 12 June 2016, 11:00:53 PM
I am in Marseille.
It is mainly our neanderthals from our Club (Olympique de Marseille) who started most of the incidents with the foreigners ( English and Russians)
But media prefer to blame the foreigners, so that social peace is kept in France.

That is a shame to hear, although I think there are a minority of England fans who are looking for an excuse to cause trouble.  Hopefully the various security forces can sort it out and get rid of the troublemakers. 

One thing I was very disappointed to see was the firework/banger being let off by the Russian fans.  With the recent tragedy in Paris and the constant terror threat, I thought this was extremely stupid and unnecessary.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Westmarcher

History Legend repeats itself and St.George beats the Dragon once again! 'Fox in the Box' should have been on from the start IMO and Sturridge's late goal made up for the late goal lost in the previous game. Don't lose heart Wales - if Slovakia can beat Russia, you've still got a chance of getting a result in the next game.

Away now to practise my Northern Ireland accent ......  :-SS

Tawa

So the Taffy's just let me down.....
Well that went down like a lead baboon......

O.P.E (Oik of the Pendraken Empire) - 2015 Honours List.

Shedman

I watched the England Wales game in a pub in Cowbridge, between Cardiff and Bridgend.

99.9999999% of the pub cheered loudly when Bale scored.

I went "yep" when Vardy and Sturridge scored

:)

jimduncanuk

Many years ago I was in a Dublin pub and there was live footie on the telly.

Some guy called Beckham scored a wonder goal against Portugal (I think) to qualify for a major championship. Not a soul looked up when it happened.

My Ego forbids a signature.

Westmarcher

Great result, Northern Ireland!  Belfast should be 'jumping' tonight!   :-bd

Westmarcher

Quote from: Shedman on 16 June 2016, 07:07:56 PM

99.9999999% of the pub cheered loudly when Bale scored.

I went "yep" when Vardy and Sturridge scored

:)

Does that mean there were at least 1,000,000,000 in the pub? That is a BIG pub!  :o

:P

Subedai

I was in Belfast yesterday, cracking place and the Guiness is the dogs. The Irish played the Ukes off the field and thoroughly deserved the win. In the earlier confrontation, Wales, when defending, were really good and Ashley Williams led by example. Overall I was thinking that Bale was a bit hit or miss...and then the  bu**er scored. Hart should have got there but that's football. Both sets of fans were fantastic and the signing of the anthems at the beginning was so brilliant for both teams that I had goose pimples all over my arms. 

Tonight -Poland v Germany- is a bit of a problem for me as I like the Poles because my mate's wife is Polish but my distant relatives from the past came from Saxony so Germany is high up there as well. What a quandary.

MickS
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Roy

Hmm  :-\

So England vs Wales should have been a happy event for me, as no matter who won I would be happy [Yes, I've mixed ancestry].

Only problem I found was that I was willing on Wales to score a second come the eighty-odd minute, and then when England did I was entirely ambivalent.

It was a cracking atmosphere though, it seemed, and brilliant to listen to the fans trying to out-sing each other.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Fenton

Quote from: Westmarcher on 16 June 2016, 07:18:53 PM
Great result, Northern Ireland!  Belfast should be 'jumping' tonight!   :-bd

There was 10,000 in the Titanic quarter for the Poland game. God knows what it will be like tonight
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!