Euro 2016

Started by Westmarcher, 12 June 2016, 08:58:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimduncanuk

Quote from: Tawa on 23 June 2016, 03:51:45 PM

What are the chances I can get an Iceland shirt delivered before Monday I wonder.......?  :D

I would nip out and buy one straight away.

I wore my USA top in a Florida Walmart in 2010 but I, sadly, didn't have my kilt with me.
My Ego forbids a signature.

Subedai

Quote from: Tawa on 23 June 2016, 03:51:45 PM
What are the chances I can get an Iceland shirt delivered before Monday I wonder.......?  :D

Just pop into your local store and ask for a spare.  They deliver in 2 hour slots so it shouldn't be a problem. Oh, wait a minute...  :D
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

I ended up in a bar inSan Francisco in 96 to watch the Germany/England game.
1) I was the only England fan apart from the barman.
2) It was an Irishbar. Not a theme bar but honest to gods Irish Catholic IRA supporters bar.
3) They were supporting Germany.
4) It's been many years since I've been that drunk!
Bless the barman, he poured me a half 'on the house, because we know what's gonna happen' when the penalties started!!!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Roy

I'm looking forward to watching the Caribbean Premier League cricket, on Dave from June 29th.
It's not the IPL, but it's free to watch (apart from the tv, electric, license fee).

More excited about seeing what its like, than I am about the football.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

mollinary

Quote from: RoyWilliamson on 23 June 2016, 08:46:42 PM
I'm looking forward to watching the Caribbean Premier League cricket, on Dave from June 29th.
It's not the IPL, but it's free to watch (apart from the tv, electric, license fee).

More excited about seeing what its like, than I am about the football.

Me too! I really miss cricket on terrestrial TV.  :d

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Fenton

I use the Mobdro app. Has all the SKY sports channel on it....It is of course a naughty app
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

jimduncanuk

Island ... Island ... Island

All I've heard all evening.

Nosher

Roy should apply for the soon to be vacant PM position. He will have us out of Europe in the blink of an eye.....

Never mind kissball fans. There are always other sports where we do quite well actually. In fact most sports other than kissball.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

mollinary

Well we succumbed to the overwhelming power of the mighty Icelanders, what else could we have expected? It was men against boys ......... And the men lost!  :o :(

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Westmarcher

Well, Wales, it's up to you now.   m/

England - isn't this the second time you've left Europe in the last few days?  :-\

.. I'll get my coat ..    ;)
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

jimduncanuk

Quote from: mollinary on 27 June 2016, 10:17:07 PM

Well we succumbed to the overwhelming power of the mighty Icelanders, what else could we have expected? It was men against boys ......... And the men lost!  :o :(

Never heard how many of them are part-timers. Can someone tell me?

Techno

No, Jim. 

But a lot of them play for teams I've never heard of....I've not heard any pundits mentioning part timers, so I assume there are no postmen, plumbers, whatever, in the side.
I stand to be corrected, though.

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

Well we were truly, truly awful and I'm glad Iceland won. They've looked a united team all tournament and their fans have been brilliant, making loads of noise in the stadium. I wonder who I will be backing to beat France..... :-\ ;) :D

As for England, we can say we were just following the will of the Brexiteers and leaving Europe. Heck we didn't even need to invoke article 50!!! :D

Fenton

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Leman

Quote from: jimduncanuk on 27 June 2016, 10:25:32 PM
Never heard how many of them are part-timers. Can someone tell me?

Apparently one of them is in the premier league and the others play elsewhere in the world, but Iceland itself has no professional league.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!