Pendraken Miniatures Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
17 October 2019, 01:55:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We've released an excellent V1 Launch ramp!
285116 Posts in 16993 Topics by 2190 Members
Latest Member: psutcliffe
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Pendraken Miniatures Forum
|-+  Non-Wargaming Discussion
| |-+  Chat & News
| | |-+  Sport
| | | |-+  Euro 2016
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Euro 2016  (Read 16621 times)
Westmarcher
Brigadier

Sir Oik of Westmarch

« on: 12 June 2016, 08:58:42 AM »

Good start, Wales! Well done against a team rated better than you - but it's only one game - don't get too carried away.

Well played, England - but what was that at the end? Should have won it.

Next up is Northern Ireland. Good luck to all 3 Home Nations.  Rock on!

[As for the Neanderthal England fans - time to grow up! OK, whilst it appears Russian fans started it all off again at the game end, this thuggery and hooliganism has been going on over the last few days. You are a disgrace to all decent England fans and the rest of the UK].

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
Leman
Field Marshal

« Reply #1 on: 12 June 2016, 09:49:56 AM »

Doubtless Ian will be miffed at Wales' current position in the Euro footie.

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!
RoyWilliamson
Brigadier

« Reply #2 on: 12 June 2016, 11:26:41 AM »

Sad Oh dear, the small of minority of In-ger-lund fans who spoilt it for everyone seem to have overshadowed everything else.

I noted, that during the half-time commentary section of the Wales match, it was mentioned that the Welsh and French fans had been coexisting peacefully the night before at the fan's zone and had celebrated France's win together. Nice one the Welsh  Applause

Football-wise. I had Slovakia to win, so was very happy for the Welsh victory. I reckoned Russia would draw or win, so was really behind England and willing them on till that stupid flare and explosion went off in the Russian fan's section of the crowd  Sad

Blog & Forum Guy for Colonel Bill's Wargames Depot
Westmarcher
Brigadier

Sir Oik of Westmarch

« Reply #3 on: 12 June 2016, 07:27:49 PM »

Brave fight, NI. No luck.  Sad

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
barbarian
Lieutenant Colonel

« Reply #4 on: 12 June 2016, 11:00:53 PM »

I am in Marseille.
It is mainly our neanderthals from our Club (Olympique de Marseille) who started most of the incidents with the foreigners ( English and Russians)
But media prefer to blame the foreigners, so that social peace is kept in France.

2015 Painting Competition - Winner!
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
Leon
Viscount

« Reply #5 on: 12 June 2016, 11:22:27 PM »

I am in Marseille.
It is mainly our neanderthals from our Club (Olympique de Marseille) who started most of the incidents with the foreigners ( English and Russians)
But media prefer to blame the foreigners, so that social peace is kept in France.

That is a shame to hear, although I think there are a minority of England fans who are looking for an excuse to cause trouble.  Hopefully the various security forces can sort it out and get rid of the troublemakers. 

One thing I was very disappointed to see was the firework/banger being let off by the Russian fans.  With the recent tragedy in Paris and the constant terror threat, I thought this was extremely stupid and unnecessary.

www.pendraken.co.uk - Home to over 3500 products of shiny 10mm goodness!
www.minibits.net - MDF bases, Vallejo paints, I-94 decals, Red Vectors MDF buildings, Crossover Miniatures, Militia Miniatures and more!
Westmarcher
Brigadier

Sir Oik of Westmarch

« Reply #6 on: 16 June 2016, 04:37:36 PM »

History Legend repeats itself and St.George beats the Dragon once again! 'Fox in the Box' should have been on from the start IMO and Sturridge’s late goal made up for the late goal lost in the previous game. Don’t lose heart Wales - if Slovakia can beat Russia, you’ve still got a chance of getting a result in the next game.

Away now to practise my Northern Ireland accent …...  Nail biting

Tawa
Lieutenant Colonel

« Reply #7 on: 16 June 2016, 04:55:24 PM »

So the Taffy's just let me down.....

Well that went down like a lead baboon......

O.P.E (Oik of the Pendraken Empire) - 2015 Honours List.
Shedman
Playtester
Major

« Reply #8 on: 16 June 2016, 07:07:56 PM »

I watched the England Wales game in a pub in Cowbridge, between Cardiff and Bridgend.

99.9999999% of the pub cheered loudly when Bale scored.

I went "yep" when Vardy and Sturridge scored

Smiley
jimduncanuk
Lieutenant Colonel

« Reply #9 on: 16 June 2016, 07:13:22 PM »

Many years ago I was in a Dublin pub and there was live footie on the telly.

Some guy called Beckham scored a wonder goal against Portugal (I think) to qualify for a major championship. Not a soul looked up when it happened.

My Ego forbids a signature.
Westmarcher
Brigadier

Sir Oik of Westmarch

« Reply #10 on: 16 June 2016, 07:18:53 PM »

Great result, Northern Ireland!  Belfast should be 'jumping' tonight!   Thumbs up

Westmarcher
Brigadier

Sir Oik of Westmarch

« Reply #11 on: 16 June 2016, 07:36:23 PM »

99.9999999% of the pub cheered loudly when Bale scored.

I went "yep" when Vardy and Sturridge scored

Smiley

Does that mean there were at least 1,000,000,000 in the pub? That is a BIG pub!  Shocked

Tongue

Subedai
Brigadier

« Reply #12 on: 16 June 2016, 07:50:18 PM »

I was in Belfast yesterday, cracking place and the Guiness is the dogs. The Irish played the Ukes off the field and thoroughly deserved the win. In the earlier confrontation, Wales, when defending, were really good and Ashley Williams led by example. Overall I was thinking that Bale was a bit hit or miss...and then the  bu**er scored. Hart should have got there but that's football. Both sets of fans were fantastic and the signing of the anthems at the beginning was so brilliant for both teams that I had goose pimples all over my arms. 

Tonight -Poland v Germany- is a bit of a problem for me as I like the Poles because my mate's wife is Polish but my distant relatives from the past came from Saxony so Germany is high up there as well. What a quandary.

MickS

Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!
RoyWilliamson
Brigadier

« Reply #13 on: 16 June 2016, 08:07:12 PM »

Hmm  Undecided

So England vs Wales should have been a happy event for me, as no matter who won I would be happy [Yes, I've mixed ancestry].

Only problem I found was that I was willing on Wales to score a second come the eighty-odd minute, and then when England did I was entirely ambivalent.

It was a cracking atmosphere though, it seemed, and brilliant to listen to the fans trying to out-sing each other.

Blog & Forum Guy for Colonel Bill's Wargames Depot
Fenton
Lieutenant General

« Reply #14 on: 16 June 2016, 08:47:31 PM »

Great result, Northern Ireland!  Belfast should be 'jumping' tonight!   Thumbs up

There was 10,000 in the Titanic quarter for the Poland game. God knows what it will be like tonight

If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: