British highlanders for late war ww1

Started by Rifleman65, 11 June 2016, 04:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rifleman65

I would like to see some British highland infantry for ww 1, with the kilt and tin helmet. I have lots of them in bonnets.   

Rifleman65

mollinary

19 June 2016, 09:21:58 PM #2 Last Edit: 19 June 2016, 09:23:45 PM by mollinary
Maybe you would have more takers if the post was headed "Scots Highlanders", or even just "highlanders"?   Folks can be awfully sensitive!    :-\

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

North British Highlanders maybe? :)

As a Scot I doubt anyone interested in the figures is going to be terribly put off by the terminology.

Personally, it's just not an area of interest for me at the moment.

Zagros Mountain highlanders on the other hand ... say, Gutians or Lullubi  would be a different matter! Though having opted for 6mm for my Sumerians they'd have to be from "another place" :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fred.

Im sure I'd add some of these to my WWI forces.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

FierceKitty

WWI doesn't do it for me unless it's all string and canvas.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

FierceKitty

Rifleman65

No offense to anyone intended, just need some of these for my west front war gaming. 

FierceKitty

22 June 2016, 05:53:07 AM #9 Last Edit: 22 June 2016, 07:02:32 AM by FierceKitty
Oh, dear, hope nobody's given you the wrong idea. You're new here, so may need it explained: any rational and wargames-related post (like yours here) is almost certain to be hijacked withing three responses. This is not a reason for you to worry about whether you've offended anyone (or mislaid your sanity).

fsn

Wot the Kat said.

Wonder if the late WWI ones could stand in for 1940 Highlanders?  :-\

You do have to be careful with Techno when raising the subject. He gets this wicked look in his eye and starts chanting "there can be only one!". Seems a Highlander with a French accent did him a disservice in 1786, and he rather lost his head over it. 
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

I know his name.  :P

(I've said that, before.)

Cheers - Phil