Phalanx, St Helens

Started by Leon, 09 June 2016, 01:24:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

We'll be heading across the country on Saturday 18th June for the Phalanx show in St Helens.  This is our only trip to the north-west each year, so make sure to head along and grab some goodies!  We'll need any pre-orders sending through to us by Monday 13th please.

For more info on the event, head over to the Spartans website here: http://spartans.org.uk/phalanx-3/phalanx-2/

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Tawa

I'll hopefully be there flogging off a load of old figures  :D
Well that went down like a lead baboon......

O.P.E (Oik of the Pendraken Empire) - 2015 Honours List.

Leon

Quote from: Tawa on 16 June 2016, 05:11:06 PM
I'll hopefully be there flogging off a load of old figures  :D

Excellent, make sure to pop by and say hi!

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Tawa

I shall do!

Although the "hopefully" has now become "I wanted us to take little'n out somewhere for the day".......  :'(
Well that went down like a lead baboon......

O.P.E (Oik of the Pendraken Empire) - 2015 Honours List.

Leman

Come and see us on the Liverpool Wargames Association stand as well.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

nikharwood

Quote from: Tawa on 17 June 2016, 04:31:04 PM
I shall do!

Although the "hopefully" has now become "I wanted us to take little'n out somewhere for the day".......  :'(

#goodskills 8)

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Leman on 17 June 2016, 05:20:29 PM
Come and see us on the Liverpool Wargames Association stand as well.

I did at about 09.00

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Leman

I saw a fair old number of people on the Liverpool stand, and, considering we were using two 100% Pendraken armies for Culloden, not a single person admitted to being on this forum. Weird. Anyway, Dave and Leon paid us a lengthy visit each, and it was great catching up. I also collected my band from their stand, and then persuaded a friend to buy a SYW French army pack.

fred.

I completely missed you and the game - I blame the weird yellow lighting. I even went for a final lap around the hall specifically to look for you, with no joy.

Where abouts was the game? It was all a bit confusing having Pendraken on the right on the wall with the door, rather than towards the left in the middle.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Leon

20 June 2016, 12:08:28 AM #9 Last Edit: 20 June 2016, 12:26:52 AM by Leon
Quote from: Leman on 19 June 2016, 08:04:28 AM
I saw a fair old number of people on the Liverpool stand, and, considering we were using two 100% Pendraken armies for Culloden, not a single person admitted to being on this forum. Weird. Anyway, Dave and Leon paid us a lengthy visit each, and it was great catching up. I also collected my band from their stand, and then persuaded a friend to buy a SYW French army pack.

Good to see you there, and a cracking game as well!  There was a guy on Facebook asking what size bases you used?

Quote from: fred. on 19 June 2016, 06:32:24 PM
Where abouts was the game? It was all a bit confusing having Pendraken on the right on the wall with the door, rather than towards the left in the middle.

The Liverpool lads were over at the back of the hall, about halfway down that aisle.  Our stand had moved this year as we'd asked the Phalanx club for a wall spot.  Our old position was in the middle of an aisle and it used to get a bit cramped in the walkways there, plus we had to carry nearly a tonne of stock halfway across the hall!  The new spot was right inside one of the fire doors and was much easier to get the stock in and out of.

Here's the pics of the Liverpool Wargames Association game:

8)

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

Despite the lighting & the clutter round the edges of the table ;)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Techno

Looks cracking.  :)

Hope everyone had a good time. :-bd

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

Looks a good game but some horrible lighting going on.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Great looking game, weird looking lighting!
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Phalanx is renowned for it's strange orange lighting - something to do with it being a sports centre. It's a very busy menu so only enough room on the table for a 6x4 cloth, hence rules, markers etc, round the edge of the table. Bases sizes used are 25mm square for small guns, infantry and cavalry, 25x40 for larger guns. This particular game was Black Powder, but generally I play C18th nowadays using Honours of War. However this entire game was put together by another club member who is unfamiliar with HOW.

Despite the lighting the Phalanx venue is good so long as it is not raining, as the catering is outside on the traders' car park. It is also only 5 minutes walk from Lea Green railway station ("train station" is another pet hate of mine - such a clunky phrase).