What We're Working On 2016!

Started by Leon, 08 June 2016, 01:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

With an updated Top 10 Requests list, it's probably worth updating the 'What We're Working On' list as well.

What We're Working On - June 2016

Squishy
1. WWI Middle East - Revamp to replace some of the current codes, plus an expansion to tick off some requests.
2. 1860 Italians - A full range revamp including some extra items.

Phil (Techno)
1. Warband - Just a few more ranges to be done for this, and then all of the Warband ranges are online.
2. Moderns - This will be a large project taking in everything from the end of WWII through to the end of the Cold War.  As you might guess, it'll take some time to get all of that done.
3. Ancients - In amongst the modern ranges, we're still wanting to expand/revamp our Ancients ranges, so we'll be fitting these in as and where possible.

Mart678
1. Vehicles - A long, long list of new vehicles to both expand our WWII ranges and add to our impending Modern ranges.

Steve Cox
1. Vehicles - A long, long list of new vehicles to both expand our WWII ranges and add to our impending Modern ranges.

Clibinarium
1. Nothing to declare at this time!

The previous 'Working On' lists can be found here: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,11238.0.html

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

Real ancients, or a WRG-style interpretation extending to about 1700?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

fsn

I may need to discuss this with my bank manager.

Truly it is written that the Dark Lord reveals little to his acolytes until a time of His choosing. It is said by His masses "that Dark Lord, he's a bit of a tease". 

"Everything from the end of WWII to the end of the Cold War". There's a lot of ground.

"Expand ... our Ancients range." There's a whole lot more.

Are you going to give us, the Zika viruses in the Pendraken Olympic athlete, a little more? Be a good Burlesque act and pop a few more balloons to let us see what's really going on. 
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Quote from: fsn on 08 June 2016, 08:20:07 AM
"Expand ... our Ancients range." There's a whole lot more. 

Quote from: FierceKitty on 08 June 2016, 02:13:19 AM
Real ancients, or a WRG-style interpretation extending to about 1700?

The plan a couple of years back was to revamp and expand the whole Ancients period, starting with the Repub. Romans and Carthaginians.  We got the Spanish done as well, then the Romans/Gauls which will be available before the end of the month. 

The plan then was to head back and re-do the Greeks/Persian ranges, but we got a bit sidetracked with the Warband ranges, which had to be done to support the rules.  Similarly, with us now owning the various Commander rulesets, we need to get some ranges in place to support them, hence Techno heading to post-1945 next.  We are committed to redoing the Ancients though, so I want to fit them in as and where we can.

Quote from: fsn on 08 June 2016, 08:20:07 AM
"Everything from the end of WWII to the end of the Cold War". There's a lot of ground.

We'll be coming to the Forum for some input on this.  Firstly there's the armies that are listed in the Cold War Commander rules, but we also want to expand a little beyond that where possible.  So we'll be putting together a list of all the possible ranges we could do, and throwing it open to a public poll on which folks want to see first.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Techno

No.......no...no !

What I'm doing next, is an FK dolly...So I can stick pins in it....Or cut bits off.*

The one I made of Nobby has worked really well, so far.  :P

Cheers - Phil (*....I'm very grumpy....'Cos I'm going back out to the pole barn.....for the fekking third time this afto', to solder one of those bloody Aztec 'swords' onto the figure.... >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(.)

Leon

Quote from: Techno on 08 June 2016, 05:05:15 PM
*....I'm very grumpy....'Cos I'm going back out to the pole barn.....for the fekking third time this afto', to solder one of those bloody Aztec 'swords' onto the figure....

:( 

Sorry to hear that, I'll make sure to put something spiky in his order when they're released...

Techno

AAAARGH !

I just went to solder the little 'thing' again (4th time) .....and THIS TIME the 'arm armature' fell out of the model.

I think I'd better give up for today...I'm going to take the dogs for a walk around the fields.  X_X  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tomorrow's another day.

I love my job....But sometimes........... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Cheers - Phil

petercooman

So are you mad because it on't work, or because you didn't cut yourself while doing it? :-\

Yes whatever the job, we all have those days nothing seems to work.

I call them 'weekdays'

Techno

Hi Peter.

I'm mad, because I was so close to finishing off the little swine....and now, I seem to have taken two steps backwards.  :'(

Definitely........ Dog walking time. ;)

Cheers - Phil.

fsn

Thank you. That's whetted the appetite a lot. Looking forward to some revamped Greeks.

Any chariots planned?

That's not or

That's a bit of reveal anyway. Still more balloons to pop!
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

nikharwood

Thanks for the update, Leon - great to see some ambitious plans  8)

PB

Always great to hear what is in the works. Much to look forward to.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Techno on 08 June 2016, 05:32:17 PM
AAAARGH !

I just went to solder the little 'thing' again (4th time) .....and THIS TIME the 'arm armature' fell out of the model.

My curse obviously worked NO AZTECS

IanS  ;)
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

FierceKitty

Mew?

(In tones of wistful cuteness)
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

toxicpixie

Quote2. 1860 Italians - A full range revamp including some extra items.

Ghu dang nabbit, I just got the current army pack!

Although given you nicely replaced half the infantry with the very nice 1859 ones, I can't complain too much ;)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting