What We're Working On 2016!

Started by Leon, 08 June 2016, 01:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Baconheimer

Quote from: nikharwood on 11 June 2016, 04:58:19 PM
You have to love the search function ;)

http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,2330.0.html

http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,2899.0.html

Thanks!  I really thought I had searched the forums years ago and couldn't find anything and I supposed someone would have helpful links.

Ithoriel

Have to say I find the Search function here bizarre in the extreme. There are times I'm convinced it would find things faster if I searched for a completely random word rather than the word I know for sure was in a post.  =) =) =) =)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

nikharwood

Quote from: Ithoriel on 12 June 2016, 09:23:16 PM
Have to say I find the Search function here bizarre in the extreme. There are times I'm convinced it would find things faster if I searched for a completely random word rather than the word I know for sure was in a post.  =) =) =) =)

The trick is to only search from the highest level - ie from Pendraken Miniatures Forum - *not* from within a sub-board or thread (because that will search in there...) :)

Ithoriel

I have searched a sub-board for a word that was in the thread when I eventually found it and it didn't return a match. I stand by my assertion that search here is weird!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Westmarcher

Quote from: Ithoriel on 12 June 2016, 09:49:19 PM
I stand by my assertion that search here is weird!

Rarely works for me, either.   :-\
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

nikharwood

Fair enough - I never seem to have problems when searching from the top level though - even on threads which are back in the dawn of time!

Westmarcher

Or it could be I'm looking for things that ain't there!    :-[
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

nikharwood

Quote from: Westmarcher on 12 June 2016, 10:21:31 PM
Or it could be I'm looking for things that ain't there!    :-[

There is that...