Three Men In A Trench

Started by Ithoriel, 07 June 2016, 12:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithoriel

Leon, I know I've already put in a plea for a Russian three-men-in-a-trench but seeing your efforts tonight gathering the current info on requests I wondered if it should be a more generic request to produce an equivalent for all of the WW2 armies without one.

There was at least one plea for a French version.

I'm currently only interested in the Germans (already produced) and Russians (already requested by a few of us).

Anyone else want to plead for this to be extended to their particular preferred armies?
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Bodvoc

There was three men in a trench and one of them said...?

I thought this was going to be a joke? :)
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Ithoriel

Three men in a trench and the sniper says,"I don't know what you're talking about, killing Tommies is easy. Watch this!"

"Hey Tommy!"

Head pops up from opposite trench,"Yes?"

Bang!

Body tumbles back into the British trench.

"Hey Tommy!"

Head pops up from opposite trench,"Yes?"

Bang!

Body tumbles back into the British trench.

"Hey Tommy!"

"Is that you Fritz?"

"Ja!" says the sniper popping his head up.

Bang!
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

d_Guy

If you are going to do "three men in a" series I would like to lobby for a detachable Montmorency. A few dogs could be handy in every period and, if the right breed is selected, could be proxied for sheep!
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Ithoriel

Pendraken's Prince Rupert is accompanied by a dog (presumably Boye), the Austrailians in the Vietnam range have a dog handler team and the WW2 Russian engineers have a bomb dog. So a selection of dogs are available.

I'm sure Techno sculpted animals but don't think they've made it into the catalogue or even in to production moulds.

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

d_Guy

Yes, my "Boye" is currently playing the part of a small donkey amongst my civilians (and Rupert an Irish general).
Several here have put me on to n scale sheep but always looking for conversion possibilities.
Had never actually searched on dogs - so some good suggestions.

My Ignorance of all things is well established, but bomb dogs? - I have to ask. Were these some sort of bomb sniffers OR
(More likely) hunter/killer drones? The description says "explosive dogs" yikes!  (but no picture was provided)

Finally the zombie dogs are great - five to a pack and a pose that facilitates turning them into sheep. Thanks!

BTW, Sorry, did mean for this thread to go to the dogs.

Wulf

Quote from: d_Guy on 07 June 2016, 09:05:35 PM
My Ignorance of all things is well established, but bomb dogs? - I have to ask. Were these some sort of bomb sniffers OR
(More likely) hunter/killer drones? The description says "explosive dogs" yikes!  (but no picture was provided)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-tank_dog
http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2013/12/anti-tank-dogs-world-war-ii/

(the second one has a pic. A relatively safe one...)

d_Guy

Wulf, thanks!  Obviously cats would not have worked in this application

Wulf

Quote from: d_Guy on 07 June 2016, 10:45:15 PM
Oh, but what a wonderful idea!

(Actually, although I don't particularly like cats, no, the whole thing is pretty horrible...)

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

Quote from: d_Guy on 07 June 2016, 10:45:15 PM

Nobody who knows them can say cats are stupid. ;)
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.