2016's Top 10 Requests!

Started by Leon, 08 June 2016, 01:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

08 June 2016, 01:38:55 AM Last Edit: 14 June 2016, 02:36:25 PM by Leon
With a huge amount of releases since the last list, it's time to update the Requests and see what's jumped into the Top 10!

Top 10 Ranges:
1.   Indian Mutiny
2.   1920's/1930's Gangsters
3.   Naps in India
4.   Yom Kippur
5.   Modern Infantry
6.   War of 1812
7.   Aztecs
8.   Medieval Russians - NEW ENTRY!
9.   1860 Italian revamp
10. Korean War

There haven't been many changes to this list, the only new entry being a run of votes for a Medieval expansion, at the expense of the Boxer Rebellion.  

So the next question is, what are we going to be working on?  We've got one sculptor working on a revamp of the WWI Middle East range, which will be followed by a new range of 1860's Italians to tick off item number 9.  That project will likely take us through to the end of the year, at which point we'll switch him over to the Indian Mutiny, finally hitting that top request!

Elsewhere, once the Warband ranges are all complete (not long now!) Techno will be moving over to the new modern ranges, hitting number 5 on the request lists.  We're going to be looking for some input on these, so we'll be putting up some threads for that soon.  This will be quite a large job, also including the Korean war as well, so it's going to be a long-term project.

Top 10 Items:
1.   Werewolves
2.   Fantasy Bears - NEW ENTRY!
3.   Modern Police
4.   WWII Italian Artillery
5.   AWI Wagons/Carts
6.   SYW Ottoman's
7.   WWII Russian 37mm AA
8.   T-35
9.   Armoured Mongols
10. Vietnam Radio Op's

This list hasn't seen much change either, but we have had the previous number 3 sculpted, namely the 1860's Marching Band that'll be hitting the website very soon.  With that item gone, the Fantasy Bears have seen a resurgence, jumping up into 2nd place.  These are likely to be sculped as part of the Warband ranges, so should be done sooner rather than later.  The Werewolves are on Techno's table at the moment so we should be able to tick those off very soon as well.  

For anyone wanting to compare this list to the previous one, it can be found here: http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,12656.0.html

So that's it for now, we'll keep tracking the votes and working as quickly as we can to get these items onto your tables!

:D
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

petercooman

3.   Modern Police

Don't sculpt those from scratch, you have perfectly good models for that!

John Cook

Depressing news.  No French for 1815 and no British for 1809.

Leman

But strangely there is vice versa.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

petercooman

Yes, one of the reasons i went along and chose ACW as my next period some time ago, it had a near complete range.

Had a look at the old peninsular range a while ago, but it was retired before being replaced  :-\

Zippee

Even more worryingly, no Württemberg, Baden, Hessian or Saxons for 1809

Leman

I'm still hoping for Italian Wars Jinites (Genitors) and mounted arquebusiers. Get these and everything else is available in the Late Medieval, Flodden, Landsknecht and Elizabethan ranges.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

FierceKitty

Quote from: Leman on 13 June 2016, 10:10:06 PM
I'm still hoping for Italian Wars Jinites (Genitors) and mounted arquebusiers. Get these and everything else is available in the Late Medieval, Flodden, Landsknecht and Elizabethan ranges.
You do have a point, and both my support and my sympathy (though I can't but wonder if as many as five men in total were actually hit by mounted arquebusiers in the whole era).
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ithoriel

Spanish mounted arquebusiers routed the French gendarmes in the final phases of Cerignola in 1503 so not entirely useless, apparently.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

FierceKitty

Chad

Why not? That's what they were trained to do using the caracole were they not?

mart678

FierceKitty

Quote from: Chad on 14 June 2016, 11:38:25 AM
Why not? That's what they were trained to do using the caracole were they not?

It looks to me as if the evidence is clear that the Swedes settled the argument in favour of the cold steel charge, and nobody really looked back. I know it's a can of worms, however.

Rob

Quote from: FierceKitty on 14 June 2016, 02:08:59 AM
You do have a point, and both my support and my sympathy (though I can't but wonder if as many as five men in total were actually hit by mounted arquebusiers in the whole era).
Bit of a modern industrial attitude thinking that the number of people hit was what mattered.  :)  I think results achieved were more to do with the flash, noise and smoke produced, and horrendous wounds produced by the low-velocity large projectiles. Multiply this when opposing horses untrained against firearms decide against their riders will they want to leave.  :)

Cheers, Rob  :)

FierceKitty