WW2 German captured equipment books

Started by old smokie, 02 June 2016, 05:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old smokie

any good books available on the captured equipment the Germans used during WW2

FierceKitty

Well, I hope he was made to return them to their rightful owners in 1946.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Steve J

Encyclopaedia of German Tanks of WWII by Chamberlain & Doyle has a good section on captured AFVs. From what I've read over the years they used pretty much everything they could get their hands on.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Von Senger und Eterling has a section on it as well. Trucks and lorries - anything goes. And the Afrika Korp used lots of 25pdr.

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

old smokie

thanks all  :) so no specific book then

at ianrs54

did you get my email ?

OldenBUA

I have a series of books called WW2 Fact Files. Each has a specific subject like machine guns, field artillery and so on. For each entry, there are notes on what use the Germans made of them if they captured any, and for most the German designation is listed as well. Very interesting, but maybe not easy to find?
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

old smokie

at OldenBUA

would that be the Peter Chamberlain books ? seen some of them around for really stupid prices

OldenBUA

Yes, Peter Chamberlain and Terry Gander. Published by Macdonald and Jane's. I bought a whole series of them long, long ago when they were going cheap in a discount bookstore. But I'm afraid that's not going to help you now.
Water is indeed the essential ingredient of life, because without water you can't make coffee!

Aander lu bin óók lu.

Quote from: old smokie on 03 June 2016, 11:09:35 AM
did you get my email ?

Yes - I'm a bit busy. Nick is both right and wrong.

IanS

old smokie

ok I'll wait to hear ffrom you then,

QuoteNick is both right and wrong.

now a little confused  :-/   ;D