Grey Goose Fairmile STEAM GUN BOAT

Started by Sunray, 22 September 2010, 04:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunray

Can anyone give me a heads up on a site that has photos or better still deck plan,  for the Fairmile (D ?) Grey Goose class of steam gun boat ?

nikharwood

22 September 2010, 06:33:31 PM #1 Last Edit: 22 September 2010, 06:35:49 PM by nikharwood
Is this the one?

Sunray

Thanks Nik!

The side elevation is bang on -many thanks.   Copy this to Leon, it illustrates very well the point I made about the waterline model sides being at least 5mm too shallow in the 1/150 model we are playing with.  Also the missing is the Y gun position.

The image is obviously the post war (?) RM60 test model.  Lots of messing about with MGBs in this era. Note no guns and a funny bridge.

Now, if I could deck plan view, modelling would so much easier.

All leads appreciated.

Sunray out 

Sunray

Many thanks for this.  The Cornwall plans are detailed enough for a 1:1 scale if I have a forest of balsa !

Just as an update, the Fairmile D master model with 2x 40mm bofors and bristling with 20mm should be with Pendraken for mould making by early next month.

Thanks again to all on the  forum, who clearly want a navy and have supplied links and info.

Sunray out. 

Leon

Quote from: Sunray on 28 September 2010, 05:25:06 AM
Many thanks for this.  The Cornwall plans are detailed enough for a 1:1 scale if I have a forest of balsa !

Just as an update, the Fairmile D master model with 2x 40mm bofors and bristling with 20mm should be with Pendraken for mould making by early next month.

Thanks again to all on the  forum, who clearly want a navy and have supplied links and info.

Sunray out. 

Sounds good!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!