1/150 Gramodels resin Tetrarch airborne light tank

Started by marshall1945, 30 May 2016, 10:13:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marshall1945

I got this as a test case in my last order from Gramodels, I will be getting a Pendraken one soo to compare but here is a quick look at the Gramodels version

http://smww2andnapoleonic.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/british-tetrarch-airborne-light-tank.html

Steve
2013 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Wulf

It looks pretty, but how was it for casting quality, etc? GRAmodels also do Vickers Medium versions, and apart from a Shapeways provider at huge expense they're the only source I know.

Mind you, a 1:150 Tetrach must be absolutely tiny...  8)

marshall1945

Wulf, Gramodels is a one man band without the production equipment of someone like Pendraken so while the models are nicely detailed the casting varies on the same model in the same batch - I assume they are done one by one. Mostly they are fine but occasionally there is some casting defect that needs a bit of milliput to repair. if you search my blog for Gramodels I have a number of engineering type vehicles and so can get a size comparison as well as a look at a few more models
2013 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

GrumpyOldMan

Hello Wulf

Quote from: Wulf on 30 May 2016, 10:47:04 AM
GRAmodels also do Vickers Medium versions, and apart from a Shapeways provider at huge expense they're the only source I know.

Oh dear
http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,3167.0.html

IW3 and IW4!!

Stone the heretic!!!!  :P

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Wulf

IW... Interwar... damn, I never thought of them as InterWar... I always looked in WWII!

Right, order will be placed in attonement...  :'(

Wulf

Quote from: marshall1945 on 30 May 2016, 11:16:45 AMWulf, Gramodels is a one man band without the production equipment of someone like Pendraken so while the models are nicely detailed the casting varies on the same model in the same batch - I assume they are done one by one.
Yes, I've corresponded with him about the railway stuff on his list, but never actually ordered anything.