Battle of Flodden - King James IV

Started by hondo1690, 29 May 2016, 05:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hondo1690

I am at present building a Scottish army for the Battle of Flodden. However, it would be nice to add King James IV.  There is two early models in your range but would love to have an updated mini of him sitting on his horse at rest.  Is there a possibility this model could be produced as an updated character for the Flodden range?  :D :P

cameronian

If you're doing Flodden you need a spearman with a crown !!  ;)
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

FierceKitty

Quote from: cameronian on 30 May 2016, 11:44:16 AM
If you're doing Flodden you need a spearman with a crown !!  ;)

...and a bible.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

FierceKitty

I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

hondo1690

All this hilarity isn't getting me my King James IV figurine for my Scottish Army  ;D

mollinary

Perhaps adding an armoured casualty figure would kill two birds with one stone?  :-\

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

hondo1690

I'll give him a chance to lead his army before we pop him off.  ;)

Leon

I wouldn't see us doing another James figure in the near future unfortunately.   :(
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Sandinista

hondo1690

cameronian

James IV wasn't mounted during the battle. When I said get a spearman with a crown I was serious, he fought on foot in the front rank with the nobility and was killed, one blow to his wrist almost severing it, one to his head.
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

hondo1690

I know he fought on foot as he dismounted with the rest of those on horseback and charged with his pikemen.  However, I wanted one on horseback as well. I have King James on foot already.

Techno

Didn't I make a mounted James ?  :-\

(All I can remember is that he wasn't 'at rest'.)

Cheers - Phil