D Day Diaries - James Robertshaw - Royal British Legion

Started by James Robertshaw, 26 May 2016, 08:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Robertshaw

Good Morning.

I am new to the Forum so I looking forward to closer  involvement with you all and Pendraken.

I have been writing books to raise money  for the Royal British Legion, Combat Stress and  Help fro Hereos. I am a member of the Royal British Legion in Oxfordshire.   As I am sure you are aware all these organisations help look after veterans and their families of our Armed Forces.

I have been writing books on the D Day Landings in Normandy June 1944. The project is for 8 books one per beach , together with the Airbourne Divisions. Each book contains maps, photographs, German fortification information, units sent in, citations, actions and current information for visitors to the beaches to get current information. So far I have written and had printed 4 books, 6th British Airbourne, Sword, Gold and Juno. Omaha has been finished but nt yet printed, Utah the 82nd and 101st US Airbourne are to come.

All profits go the Royal British Legion and Help for Hereos, next print run will be Combat Stress, that is a minimum of £2.00 per book. (£1 each charity).

The books are £5.00 each or if you buy all 4 that are printed the price is £15.00 (£8 to RBL and H4H). You need to add on postage and packaging for 1,or 2 books £2,81 for 3-4books £3.95.

MY address is James Robertshaw, 1 KIngswalk Cottages, High Street, Witney, Oxon, OX28 6ES. Tel 07930-395344  www.keyinsite.biz.

I would like to thank all those in Pendraken for their support and permission to put together this post. I am looking for your support please on this project, Should anyone know of any military events or venues that I can attend to sell these books please let me know.

Thank you

Best wishes

James 

Ithoriel

Hi James,

welcome to the forum.

Hats off to anyone who helps these charities and especially to one who is doing so in such a worthwhile fashion. Can't help feeling that writing books provides more lasting benefit than the usual fun runs or bake sales!

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Orcs

Welcome James,

A very worthwhile project and I agree with Ithoriel.

Can you tell us a little more about the books, ie Number of pages, format etc.  Not that I am expecting a hardbound full colour publication you understand.

Regards

Mark (Orcs)
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fsn

Indeed so!

Sounds like you've started with the right 4 anyway, and for a noble cause.

I'll definitely have a look at your link.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

James Robertshaw

Thank you for your replies, I can send you more information by e-mail on my books jfraims@btinternet.com

They also available on E Bay.

Best wishes

James

Subedai

Wotcha from me.

With James' okay I have reposted this on the LAW and WD3 fora.

MickS
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Techno

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021