Tale of X Gamers - 100YW French

Started by Nosher, 21 September 2010, 04:40:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosher

Cheers Steve and thanks for the advice on basing - most helpful. I just find that bit of the job so bloody boring. These figures will be used for FoG and for WMA.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Steve J

Glad to have been able to help. Once you have got used to it Nosher, the basing becomes quick and easy to do.

Having seen your forces completed, it has got me interested in possibly gaming Ancients and/or Medieval using WMA. I've seen FoG played at our club, but the big advantage of WMA, is that I'm used to the basic principle of the rules having played BKC, CWC and recently BP. At my age, I'm happy to keep it simple ;).

Nosher

No probs Steve ;)

I'm very much with you on the 'keep it simple' one rule mechanism genre - I also own BKC, CWC and FWC which is why WMA was an obvious choice. From time to time I do like more complicated games such as FoG and the real beauty of the Fog basing system is that it can translate directly across to WMA and vice-versa.

I can also use the same basing system for Bloody Barons another fun set of rules based on the Wars of the Roses.
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

nikharwood

Those look very nice nosher - very nice indeed; I'd echo Steve's suggestions for your basing - just to lighten them up a touch. Let us know how you get on with Bloody Barons too: I've heard good things about it, but have resisted so far  ;)

Maenoferren

Sometimes I wonder - why is that frisbee geting bigger - and then it hits me!