I was one of the 14 votes for Pendraken. Who else voted? ;)

Started by lehcyfer, 17 May 2016, 09:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithoriel

"You'll never live like common people
You'll never do what common people do
You'll never fail like common people
You'll never watch your life slide out of view ... " - Pulp "Common People"

:)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

fred.

Quote from: Leman on 23 May 2016, 02:38:45 PM
I like an attractive wargames table but it still has to be playable on, and usually has to be set up and taken down in an evening.

This is really important - one of my gaming mates as terrain boards that have hedges glued to all the field boundaries - this looks great. But is really a pain to play on, unless you are playing a bocage fight in Normandy in the summer of 1944. And even then you have all the hedges the same, so all have to be heavy bocage, or just simple hedges.

Whereas plonk down terrain on top of a base cloth, doesn't look quite as good, but is much more versatile, and much more game friendly.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Quote from: Ithoriel on 23 May 2016, 05:19:18 PM
"You'll never live like common people
You'll never do what common people do
You'll never fail like common people
You'll never watch your life slide out of view ... " - Pulp "Common People"

:)
Good one!  :)

For some reason - and I can't fathom why this should be the response - the only tune readily available in my head was ZZ Top "sharp Dressed Man"
Clean shirt, new shoes
And I don't know where I am goin' to.
Silk suit, black tie,
I don't need a reason why.
They come runnin' just as fast as they can
Cause every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man

Actually I tell a lie - that was second. the very first was "I've got 25 lighters on my dresser, yessir" but that made even less sense  :D
Sleep with clean hands ...

Ithoriel

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Techno

Quote from: paulr on 24 May 2016, 04:32:28 AM
Who us...  ;)

I was expecting Nobby to have said something by now.  ;)

Cheers - Phil

fsn

My mother told me, frequently, not to do that at the dinner table, but she also opined that if one had nothing good to say, one should slag off mercilessly.

I've had more fun playing "Tunnels and Trolls" with unpainted figures than against some rulesmith with a preponderance of Tigers and the innate ability to pull out rule 27.4.3 para 6 saying that PIATs can only fire on a Tuesday.

It doesn't have to be expensive. I would humbly suggest that less that £10 of Pendraken goodies could net you sufficient for a really good skirmish game in just about any period. You can refight the Falklands air war for the same amount with Tumbling Dice models.

The game is the thing. It's meant to be fun.

Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

d_Guy

Sleep with clean hands ...