Greetings from Sunny Birmingham

Started by Linstock, 13 May 2016, 06:41:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulr

Good to see 'they' didn't scare you off  ;) ;D

I can heartily recommend Middle East WW1, we use If The Lord Spares Us by Too Fat Lardies
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

I'll second Paul - happy you weren't scared off! I am just starting on FPW also - lots of knowledgable folks around here so you can get much useful advice.  Incidently Red Mountain rises just to the north of Birmingham AL but more importantly it is (actually was) any excellent local beer.
Enjoy the sunshine  :)
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

toxicpixie

Hurrah for B'ham uk :) My club meets just of Junction 6 of the M6 on Wednesday evenings, so if you have anything in mind games wise do pop me a message! Be ncento get the 10mm Italian Wars out ;) No FPW but I do have 10mm Risorgamento Italians otw and a copy of BBB itching for use ;)
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leman

Yee hah for Birmingham Alabama - bet they pronounce the H and make the last syllable sound like cured pork.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Roy

Quote from: Leman on 15 May 2016, 12:07:37 PM
Yee hah for Birmingham Alabama - bet they pronounce the H and make the last syllable sound like cured pork.

I'm from Yorkshire, what's an 'H'?!

Examples being

Ospittle: Place y' gan't when y' ill.

Ospittle: Some't that puddles under an 'Os after it's drank a lot of wata.

Rimmer: "Aliens."

Lister: "Oh God, aliens... Your explanation for anything slightly peculiar is aliens, isn't it?

Rimmer: "Well, we didn't use it all, Lister. Who did?"

Lister: "Rimmer, aliens used our bog roll?"

d_Guy

Quote from: Leman on 15 May 2016, 12:07:37 PM

Sorry - there's another way?  :)

Roy - in some parts we add H's as in "He hain't here no more!"
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Tawa

Herro :)
My first thought was a piece of artillery equipment  :D

Quote from: Westmarcher on 13 May 2016, 07:50:57 PMIf so, you will note that Pod and Pendraken begin with "P."

The Sign! You didn't make THE SIGN!!!!

*crosses the Mystic P and runs off screaming!*
Well that went down like a lead baboon......

O.P.E (Oik of the Pendraken Empire) - 2015 Honours List.

Linstock

Quote from: Tawa on 18 May 2016, 03:31:46 PM
My first thought was a piece of artillery equipment  :D

That was the thought behind the name. I spend a fair amount of my free time messing about with siege equipment...
I see myself more as a temporarily embarrassed castle-owner.

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Ithoriel

Linstock and two smoking barrels? ;)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data