Talking to the figures.

Started by Techno, 05 May 2016, 02:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

OK...

I'll be the first to admit that I occasionally swear at a figure, when it refuses to 'go right'.....Usually along the lines of, "You frigging little OIK...why can't I make this work !"

However, today.....In all seriousness I found myself asking a figure, "How did I decide to change you ?"
I'm pleased to say, there wasn't a reply......If one of them ever DOES answer..... I'm stopping doing this.  X_X

Cheers - Phil. ;)

d_Guy

It happens most often during de-flashing when some how one takes wing! - little *#%&! They never answer back neither!
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Wulf

Occasionally I snigger when trimming... certain areas...

I have apologised to a few horses though.

Leon

I've shouted at them quite often, usually when I'm clipping and one pings off into the unknown...
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Bodvoc

If, when applying a wash and it runs off in all the wrong directions, the little chaps get to hear a curse or two.
Or, when painting a figure, the wrong colour is applied accidently on a finished area muttered curses can be heard.

I have to be careful though as normally wife and daughters are only sat a few feet away.
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Techno

I'm glad it's not just me then.... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

fsn

Quote from: Techno on 05 May 2016, 02:00:29 PM
OK...

I'll be the first to admit that I occasionally swear at a figure, when it refuses to 'go right'.....Usually along the lines of, "You frigging little OIK...why can't I make this work !"

However, today.....In all seriousness I found myself asking a figure, "How did I decide to change you ?"
I'm pleased to say, there wasn't a reply......If one of them ever DOES answer..... I'm stopping doing this.  X_X

Cheers - Phil. ;)

... and I think we've just found the theme for next year's Christmas extravaganza!
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

d_Guy

Quote from: Wulf on 05 May 2016, 02:47:57 PM
Occasionally I snigger when trimming... certain areas...

I have apologised to a few horses though.

Geldings!  ;D ;D ;D
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Orcs

I have to admit I do sometimes talk to the figures when painting, even the vehicles.
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Kiwidave

I usually just talk to/shout at them during the game, and most of the time it's because they have failed to comprehend my tactical genius and thus do not do what I want on the tabletop....

Techno

Quote from: fsn on 05 May 2016, 04:30:17 PM
... and I think we've just found the theme for next year's Christmas extravaganza!

X_X

(I even had a dream where I was sculpting them a few nights ago....Though I knew it was a dream, because I didn't cut myself.  ;))

Cheers - Phil

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

I often chat to figures when I'm painting.

"So, bit of a botch of the loincloth/ belt/ shield design/ whatever there. What do we think, tidy it up? How about if we stuck you in the centre of the unit, would that do?" That sort of thing.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

PB

Afraid it is usually profanity when I'm head down, tail up under the table looking for the one I've dropped

FierceKitty

"Listen, you grotty little (insert ethnic insult as appropriate), in a few days you'll be up against (as required), and you'll be in trouble if you can't even stand upright on your base until the glue dries. Furthermore, may I remind you that 10mm figures are cheap and readily replaced, so it were unwise to push me too far? Shall we try this one more time?"
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.