April 2016 Newsletter!

Started by Leon, 27 April 2016, 12:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

27 April 2016, 12:47:18 AM Last Edit: 09 June 2016, 01:26:18 AM by Leon

Welcome to the April edition of the Pendraken Miniatures newsletter!

With the massive Salute show taking place a couple of weeks back it's been chaos at Pendraken HQ, but the good news is that we've got a whole host of new releases (over 100 in total) and news on some other areas of interest to everyone...

£100 Giveaway!

The Forum has been hugely successful since we launched it back in 2010, growing over the years to the point where we now reguarly get over 3000 posts every month and around 10 million page views.  That's a lot of people looking at 10mm!  When we hit 100,000 total posts we had a little giveaway and as we're getting close to 200,000 posts we're doing it all over again.

The rules are simple, just guess the day and hour when we'll hit the 200k milestone and the winner will get a nice £100 worth of Pendraken goodies!  To see more info and make your guess, head over and post it here.  For those who've not posted on the Forum before, here's your chance to make a few posts and possibly grab yourself a couple of new armies in return!

Latest Releases!

> Flodden Army Packs & Flags - We expanded our Flodden lists considerably last year, so we've now added some army packs and flagsheets to complete the range.

> League of Augsburg Army Packs & Flags - As with the above, our League of Augsburg range is now quite comprehensive so it was time to add some useful army packs along with 17 sets of flags to go with them.

> WWI Service Wagons - We've had these British wagons at Pendraken HQ for a while now and we just managed to squeeze them into a mould before Salute.

> WWII Polish - These have proved extremely popular since their release, with 29 new codes plus an army pack as well.

> WWII French - This batch added an extra 34 codes to our existing French range.

> WWII British - As well as new releases, we're also revamping some of our older models along the way, so this lot saw the first of these remodelled vehicles along with some new M3 tanks and Humber armoured cars.

> Centurion ARV - We know at least one Forum member who was happy to see this addition, but hopefully everyone else will find it of use as well.

> Post-War Shermans - And finally we continued our modern vehicle expansion with this batch of post war Shermans, including the M51 'Super' and the AMX version used by the Egyptians.

In The Pipeline!

We've managed to clear a lot of pipeline items with all those releases, but there's still more new sculpts arriving at Pendraken HQ every week.  This month we've had the second batch of Napoleonic Brunswickers through, completing this range for now.  And then a 19th C. Austrian band suddenly marched through the door this week, ticking off item number 3 on our Top 10 Requests list.

The band will be heading straight into the moulding queue and should be ready quite soon.  The Brunswickers will go into the regular queue and should be ready around July/August time hopefully.

Shows!

Salute was a great day out with well over 6000 visitors through the door this year and a lot of familiar faces popping by the Pendraken stand to say hello.  Thanks to everyone who came along and chatted over the course of the day, apologies if we weren't able to spend more time with you.

We'll be on the road again soon enough though, with the Carronade show in Falkirk right around the corner, taking place on Sat 7th May.  We'll need any pre-orders for this one sending through to us before Sat 30th please.

Blitzkrieg Commander!

One of the more frequent emails and queries at the shows recently is of course Blitzkrieg Commander and where we are with the new version of the rules.  The good news is that the completed text has arrived at Pendraken HQ and we're now working on the next stage.  This involves checking over the text and amendments to make sure everything works OK, proofreading the document and then starting the layout/formatting process.  We had hoped to have a draft copy with us at Salute, but at the same time this isn't something we want to rush either.  If everything goes to plan then we should be able to get everything sent off to the printer within the next month or so and then we can aim to release the rules in early June.  Again, we know that there are a huge number of people waiting on these, but we want to make sure we do it properly.  

In better news, we'd like the new version to have some nice images in it as well, so if you've got any pictures of your WWII armies, or BKC games, then please get in touch and we'll see if we can fit them in.  We're looking for well-painted figures, photographed with good lighting, and without any table clutter in view.  We will of course credit anyone who supples images to the rulebook.  Drop us an email if you'd like to help out.

Website Photos!

We've been making a little bit of progress here this past month, with both the AWI Germans and French all now photo'd up and on the website.  Big thanks go to Andy Mac for his work on these.

A large package arrived from Kev1964 as well this week, containing all of our Napoleonic codes painted up to his usual high standard.  We'll be getting them all photo'd in the coming weeks hopefully.

New Diorama!

One of those friendly faces at Salute was the master diorama modeller Carlos Briz, visiting Salute all the way from Portugal along with Jorge Faria.  He came bearing gifts as well, so we are now the proud owners of one of these excellent diorama's.  We'll be displaying this at Pendraken HQ for everyone to see, and there's a picture here for everyone else.

And that's everything for another month, we'll get back to the casting machines and we'll have more new releases for you in the coming weeks.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

ETA for some Mexica and Tlaxcalans?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Leon

Quote from: FierceKitty on 27 April 2016, 02:03:35 AM

Those are still quite a mid-long term project, so Phil's working through sculpts here and there as he finds time between other work.  I don't think any others have been done since I sent you the last update.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

FierceKitty

My eyes are getting older by the day. :(

Sandinista

Quote from: FierceKitty on 27 April 2016, 02:03:35 AM

I think that may have been the Basques

Ian

FierceKitty

Steve J

Great to see that there has been a lot of interest in the Polish range :)

Techno

Quote from: Leon on 27 April 2016, 03:16:22 AM
Those are still quite a mid-long term project, so Phil's working through sculpts here and there as he finds time between other work.  I don't think any others have been done since I sent you the last update.

Not had time to do any since the 'jagulars'.  :(
Cheers - Phil 

FierceKitty

Understood. But I hope you know I'm crying myself to sleep every night.... :'(

Leman

The new Polish range should please Mr.Sheen
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

Quote from: Leman on 27 April 2016, 09:21:24 AM
The new Polish range should please Mr.Sheen

Get your coat, Andy.  ;)
Cheers - Phil

Nosher

Any news on any new Warband Armies??
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Leon

Quote from: Nosher on 27 April 2016, 02:38:12 PM
Any news on any new Warband Armies??

Phil's working on both the Dragonmen and Dark Elves, so we should have at least one of those with us by the end of May and then we'll get them straight into moulds for release.

8)

DaveH

Always glad to see more photos making their way onto the website.