19th Century Austrian band!

Started by Leon, 26 April 2016, 01:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

26 April 2016, 01:05:03 AM Last Edit: 26 April 2016, 01:06:48 AM by Leon
These are sitting at number 3 in our Top 10 requests, so the sculptor managed to squeeze them in before he heads off onto some ECW and WWI additions for us.  We've got 5 chaps with instruments and the drum major on the left hand side.  To the right we've got our drummer and the small pieces will be a dog-drawn bass drum, which will come complete with a dog of course!  We'll be getting these all moulded up and released quite quickly.

8)
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

pierre the shy

Very nice Leon.

Speaking of 10mm dogs and further WW 1 releases...any chance of some Belgian mg dogcarts?
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
we are not now that strength which in old days
moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.

d_Guy

Those look great Leon!  I would guess it's probably too late to throw in a guy with a "jingling Johnny" (aka a Turkish Crescent)?
Sleep with clean hands ...

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Leman

Brilliant! Will definitely have one of those.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Aksu

Excellent, I will need at least two packs. With suitable modifications they will raise the spirits of my US and CS forces most rousingly!
Cheers,
Aksu

Shedman

Lovely band - just what the Austrians need for sounding the retreat at Magenta & Solferino

Quote from: Leon on 26 April 2016, 01:05:03 AM
before he heads off onto some ECW and WWI additions for us

What are the ECW additions?

Open-handed pikemen please

Alan

mollinary

Look brilliant! They will be on my "must have" list as soon as they are available.

Mollinary
2021 Painting Competition - Winner!
2022 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up!

owaincaesarius

I'll await the release of these chaps before ordering. Brilliant stuff- its these little extras that make 10mm so appealing.  :-bd

Leon

Quote from: pierre the shy on 26 April 2016, 01:30:47 AM
Speaking of 10mm dogs and further WW 1 releases...any chance of some Belgian mg dogcarts?

Possibly, it's something we've been asked for a few times so we'll see if we can fit those in somewhere.

Quote from: d_Guy on 26 April 2016, 03:15:42 AM
Those look great Leon!  I would guess it's probably too late to throw in a guy with a "jingling Johnny" (aka a Turkish Crescent)?

It would be unfortunately, and the costs of another figure wouldn't really be viable.  With the number of sculpts involved, we'll need to shift well over 100 of them to recoup the costs already, but it's nice to have these little vignette style pieces.

Quote from: Shedman on 26 April 2016, 09:53:32 AM
What are the ECW additions?

Open-handed pikemen please

Afraid not on those, we had a discussion in another thread somewhere about those and it's not really something we're looking to do any time soon.  The costs involved, needing to keep both open/closed options available, plus the domino effect into other ranges, etc. all make it a bumpy road to go down.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

cameronian

Great news, I'll get a band for each brigade. Don't recall ever seeing Austrian musicians of this period with the jingling jonnie.
Don't buy your daughters a pony, buy them heroin instead, its cheaper and ultimately less addictive.

FierceKitty

I don't see a Beethoven figure there.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Wulf

Quote from: FierceKitty on 26 April 2016, 03:48:58 PM
I don't see a Beethoven figure there.
He's the St Bernard that will pull the drum.

(remember that film?)

FierceKitty

I remember that it existed, to evade the question a bit.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

d_Guy

Quote from: cameronian on 26 April 2016, 03:47:22 PM
Great news, I'll get a band for each brigade. Don't recall ever seeing Austrian musicians of this period with the jingling jonnie.

I don't have a specific reference just that they were found among many European military bands of the period. The Turkish influence made me thing the Austrians might have them. Saw one a few years back with a bundeswehr band and was suitable impressed. It would just be fun to have them.
Sleep with clean hands ...