2016 deaths and climbing

Started by Nirnman, 25 April 2016, 06:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

DFlynSqrl

jimduncanuk

Am sure there's more to come, still a few days to go.
My Ego forbids a signature.

Luddite

http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

d_Guy

Oh my stars! I was hoping that she was going to pull through!

And yes, condolences to Terry - somewhere on the forum there is a picture of Terry and his wife visiting with Richard Adams.
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on

Techno

AWWWWW......Unbelievable !  :(......I was hoping, as well, Bill.

What a truly sad year this has been.
I hope you're wrong, Jim, But the way things are going........

Cheers - Phil

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Luddite

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."
http://www.durhamwargames.co.uk/
http://luddite1811.blogspot.co.uk/

"It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion.  It is by the juice of Typhoo my thoughs acquire speed the teeth acquire stains, the stains serve as a warning.  It is by tea alone i set my mind in motion."

"The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules." - Gary Gygax
"Maybe emu trampling created the desert?" - FierceKitty

2012 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

"I have become inappropriately excited by the thought of a compendium of OOBs." FSN

Ithoriel

To "bring balance to the force" ... a different take on celebrity deaths in 2016

"Matt Strange
24 December at 21:06 ยท

Right, F**k it, I'm done with 'OMG 2016 was terrible', here's some f***ing awesome things that happened, you're welcome, Merry f***ing Christmas

There's an Ebola Vaccine now
Child Mortality - Down across the globe
+9% survival rate in pacreatic cancer sufferers
Gene responsible for ALS found
Volunteers in India planted 50 Million trees in 24 hours
Suicide rates down globally
The Ozone layer is repairing itself
The Rabbinical assembly issued a resolution affirming the rights of trans and non conforming individuals
MIND CONTROLLED ROBOT ARMS
Leo got dat oscar
Wild tigers numbers up FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 100 YEARS
Giant Pandas - No longer endangered
A solar powered plane did a f***ing world trip
Global Malaria down by 60%
Measels ERADICATED from the Americas
93% of the world's children learned to read and write - the highest percentage IN HUMAN HISTORY
China plans to be completely renewable by 2020 and has a global plan for by 2050
Huge global push in renewable energy
Norway committed 0 deforestation, 0
Every major grocer and fast food chain in the U.S pledged to use cage free eggs only by 2025
Manatees - No longer endangered
Wild Wolves - Back in Europe
Wild Salmon spawning in the Connecticut river for the first time since the American revolution
Columbian white tailed deer - no longer endangered
Green Sea Turtles - NO LONGER F***ING ENDANGERED
Sea World no longer breeding captive killer whales
Humpback Whales - NO LONGER ENDANGERED
Global aid - up by 7%
Americas most generous year EVER in charity and aid
China's most generous year EVER in charity and aid at $15 goddamn Billion

Yes, some famous f***ing people you liked died, and you know what - more of them are gonna go too

but take some time to look at the f***ing good and beauty in this world, good sh*t is happening, learn it, support it, be part of it.

Merry f***ing Christmas"
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Nirnman

(Yes, some famous f***ing people you liked died, and you know what - more of them are gonna go too

but take some time to look at the f***ing good and beauty in this world, good sh*t is happening, learn it, support it, be part of it
.)

Yes here has been a lot of good achieved in the year but we are just noting those "celebrities" tha have left us this year even if I in particular didn't care for some of the.
A Happy New Year to you too.

Fenton

Just read that Debbie Reynolds has been rushed to hospital after suffering a heart attack
If I were creating Pendraken I wouldn't mess about with Romans and  Mongols  I would have started with Centurions , eight o'clock, Day One!

Techno

And has now passed away.  :(

Cheers - Phil

Leman

Very sad - it is thought the death of her daughter was just too much to bear.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Pretty sure this is not the complete list (2016 has two more days):
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-38418802
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner