Started by oldblindjohn, 20 April 2016, 01:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimduncanuk

My Ego forbids a signature.

oldblindjohn

I'm afraid I don't paint very well, and I find it burdensome and tiring. Sacrilege I know.
I use the same kind of glasses that your dentist uses while working in your mouth.

Our group still uses WRG 5th edition. It seems uniquely situated for chariot armies.
The only tweek we made was reversing the ranges for foot bows and chariot mounted bows.
Chariot warriors of this period were upper crust lads and used expensive laminated compound bows as opposed to the cheap simple bows used by the mass of foot archers.

We have tried other rules for ancients but have found the 5th edition clearly written and fast play.

Outside of a dog a book is mans' best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Techno

Quote from: oldblindjohn on 20 April 2016, 05:14:34 PM

I use the same kind of glasses that your dentist uses while working in your mouth.

A lot of us use something along the same lines, John.

Cheers - Phil

Ithoriel

Quote from: oldblindjohn on 20 April 2016, 05:14:34 PM
I'm afraid I don't paint very well, and I find it burdensome and tiring. Sacrilege I know.

Our group still uses WRG 5th edition. It seems uniquely situated for chariot armies.
The only tweek we made was reversing the ranges for foot bows and chariot mounted bows.
Chariot warriors of this period were upper crust lads and used expensive laminated compound bows as opposed to the cheap simple bows used by the mass of foot archers.

We have tried other rules for ancients but have found the 5th edition clearly written and fast play.

Sacrilege? Ah well, I fear I am equally sacrilegious. I like the results but not the chore of painting.

As to bow ranges and 5th edition I regret we must agree to disagree.

That said, nice to see someone else with an interest in the Bronze Age.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Nick

Welcome, oldblindjohn!  :-h

Bodvoc

'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!