.50 Cal to AGS17

Started by Pilgrim, 15 April 2016, 12:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pilgrim

I find myself in need of some AGS 17 auto grenade launchers. Can anyone suggest a sub?

I was thinking of the Argentinian .50 cal HMG teams - if I cut the barrel down and added a drum mag do folks think that would work?

Cheers

Sunray

Quote from: Pilgrim on 15 April 2016, 12:50:22 AM
I find myself in need of some AGS 17 auto grenade launchers. Can anyone suggest a sub?

I was thinking of the Argentinian .50 cal HMG teams - if I cut the barrel down and added a drum mag do folks think that would work?

Cheers

It might well do Pilgrim -  the sawn-off barrel is the easy part. In this scale sculpts 'work'  because we see some aspect or "feature"  of them that our eyes recognise.  Sometime sculptors cheat scale by exaggerating that feature. Phil (Techno) is adroit at this subtle technique.   

The identifying feature of the new sculpt will be that drum mag.   Have you given any thought to what you will use for the mag?  Would - for example - a drum mag from a 15mm MG42 figure work?  These are the questions you ask.

Pilgrim

I was simply thinking of a thin cross section of plastic rod 

Leman

Quote from: Pilgrim on 15 April 2016, 12:50:22 AM
First off, that's a bit suspicious in the current climate. Secondly, have you tried Subedai?
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Sunray

Quote from: Pilgrim on 15 April 2016, 03:51:23 PM

That might work- you will need to file one edge slightly flat and build up with card to represent the lips of the drum magazine

Techno

Quote from: Pilgrim on 15 April 2016, 03:51:23 PM

Small piece of plastic rod (Or tubing?) ought to give the desired effect for a quick conversion, I reckon.

Cheers - Phil

Leman

The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

kustenjaeger

Greetings

Leon and I briefly discussed this at Salute today. Leon may be running a poll here in due course on what people would like to see in the Cold War ranges.

Edward