Guilford Courthouse - 235th Anniversary

Started by paulr, 11 April 2016, 11:41:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techno

paulr

Quote from: pierre the shy on 29 October 2017, 01:34:52 AM
V&B wing scale is so well suited to AWI - I really loved playing Paul's Camden, Cowpens and Guilford Courthouse scenarios - some of the most fun games I played, even if I did only have a 33% win:loss ratio  :)

I look forward to using Paul's Redcoats in some actions against Lafayette, Rochambeau and the French expeditionary force sometime soon......was that subtle enough Paul  ;D   

Look what you and Roy have gone and done done http://www.pendrakenforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,16732.msg245422.html#msg245422 ;D
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Tarty

"I can see the carrot at the end of the tunnel..."
2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Westmarcher

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

ErHo

Wow!! Great report and fantastic field!!!
"Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major - and I mean major - leaflet campaign."

- Rimmer

d_Guy

Running out of superlatives, but simply well done! I was a re-enactor in the 200th recreation, so it was a great revisit to one of the most interesting battles of the war. Bravo!  :-bd
Sleep with clean hands ...

paulr

Thanks All

The Battle of Guilford Courthouse has a very special place in my personal wargaming history.

The Christchurch Wargames club put on a refight of Guilford Courthouse to mark the American bicentennial and a teenage lad turned up to watch. I had been dabbling in wargaming up until that point, but after spending the entire day fascinated by that game I was hooked.

For a variety of reasons I focused on other periods until a couple of years ago. Then I found the wonderful Pendraken AWI range and Greg Novak's Wing scale Volley & Bayonet variant.

I was very pleased to be able to mark both the 235th anniversary of the battle and my 40th year of wargaming appropriately.

To top it off last year I got to meet and play against one of the organisers of the 1976 refight and thank him for ensuring I got to enjoy this amazing hobby.
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!