Broadside 2016 - Sittingbourne

Started by Roy, 06 April 2016, 08:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy

I'm looking at popping down to this show, to meet with a couple of bloggers (members of Posties Rejects) and wondered if there was anybody else from this forum going to be there?

As I say, I'm not confirmed as being in attendance. But if you're going to be there and would like to meet up, then please reply to this post and I'll update it when I've further info.

:)
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Subedai

Yes, I'm going -as usual- seeing as it's only 11.5 (Google maps) miles away it would be rude not to. I did see you at Broadside but you were chatting for quite a time and I had to get the bus. I'm looking forward to seeing the Rejects game as well.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

Roy

Hello Subedai,

You'll have seen the Col. Bills show team at the show. I'm not a member of that elite crew, just a supporting chap who does internet and (now) painting bits for Stu (the owner).

Its looking increasing likely that I'll be in attendance at the upcoming show, so I'll keep this post active and we can try to say hello in person.

His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

Subedai

I'll make a point to ask for you.
Blog is at

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

jimduncanuk

Too far south for me Roy.

York is the furthest south I can consider for a day visit from Edinburgh.

I will be at Crisis in November though making it a long weekend cultural visit and all that.
My Ego forbids a signature.

Leman

That'll be Kent then. Won't be passing through there until September 2017, on my way to France.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Roy

Ah. Afraid to say that I won't be going to Sittingbourne, or any other wargames show any time soon.

The family vehicle has just given up the ghost and will be making the one-way journey to the scrap yard.

Subedai

Shame. Hope you manage to get back mobile soon.

MickS
Blog is at

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

paulr

Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Roy

Yeah  :( Though it was 11 years old, and formerly our work van, so it has done us proud.
But driving up the A66 to hand over that German supply wagon to Col. Bills was seemingly the last journey for it.
Screaming clutch and the smell of smoke, made it back to a garage and basically the cost of upkeep and repair would soon outstrip the vehicle's value.
It could have been worse and happened the other Sunday when we drove 200+ miles all-round to Partizan.

Subedai

Well, once again Broadside did not disappoint. The show, as usual, was well attended by traders, gamers and public alike and my only gripe was that there wasn't anyone selling Vallejo paints...until I spoke to one of the traders there and he said he looked into selling then but the display stand was a hefty £1500! So I got a couple of the Army Painter Warpaint proxies instead.
   Had a chat with Posties Rejects, the two guys from Colonel Bill's -staggered that they travelled all the way from way up north to attend-  and bumped into Bernie from this forum as well as had a great chat with Simon Milller of the BigRedBat blog. Also had a quick chat with my mate Iain (Essex Boy) from the LAW forum.
   My total haul was 4 packets of bases, one of static grass, a wound location dice, two dropper bottles of paint and a copy of The Siege of Paris (FPW) by Robert Baldick.

MickS
Blog is at

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!