New WWII Polish now available!

Started by Leon, 04 April 2016, 01:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heedless Horseman

Those charging cavalry look real fine! Not something I am likely to be after, but NICE!  :)
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

fsn

AAArrgghhhhH!!! !!!

Bloomin' Polish!

I've found the organisation of the armour and the infantry. Does anyone have an OOB for a cavalry squadron?

Also, any suggestions for a limber for the guns, and unmounted horses for horse holders?

Not that I'm planning a Polish WWII army, you understand. Just doing the research.
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

For horse holders we could supply the artillery crewman on the left, plus some regular artillery horses:

I'd have to check on limbers though.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Steve J

Does anyone have an OOB for a cavalry squadron?

Last night I came across this which looks to be a good guide. In future I want to field a cavalry regiment, hence the research. Hope this helps?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_cavalry_brigade_order_of_battle_in_1939

Orcs

Quote from: fsn on 09 April 2016, 02:17:23 PM
AAArrgghhhhH!!! !!!

Bloomin' Polish!

Does anyone have an OOB for a cavalry squadron?

You have your OOB.

The Poles commercially produced the Tchanka rather than just sticking a HMG on any old wagon.  While the range does not have a Polish Tchanka both the Poles and the Russian have incredibly similar helmets. so you can use SV49 from the WW2 Russian range and just paint it up as Polish

And of course they can fight both your early war German and early war Russian.

No excuses now Nobby
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fsn

Quote from: Just a few Orcs on 09 April 2016, 04:27:32 PM
You have your OOB.

Why couldn't I find that on Wiki?  >:(

Thank you Orcs.  :D

I'm thinking an element of the 1st or 2nd Light Tank Co (7TP's), supporting elements of a cavalry regiment (mounted sqn, HMG and AT platoons) and other bits of the cavalry brigade  (75mm battery, rifle company or platoon,  lots of TKS, some Wz34).

Covers most of it I'm thinking.

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015

Orcs

Quote from: fsn on 09 April 2016, 05:09:47 PM
Why couldn't I find that on Wiki?  >:(

I have collected some quite unusual books on WW2 Polish from Polish Authors so I guess they have access to better source  material

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

fsn

Orcs

Quote from: fsn on 17 April 2016, 10:42:57 AM
First order in.  :D

No will power!! (says he with enough figures to last until he is 183)

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Orcs

Quote from: mad lemmey on 18 April 2016, 10:45:00 AM
Happy 182nd Birthday Orcs!  :P

Thanks Will. Perhaps I should have said I have enough figures to keep me painting for another 132 years. 

So if today was my 182nd Birthday I would live to 314.  I would still be a millennia or two behind Techno, but that would be a rather grand old age 

fsn

Is there something about the Pendraken forum that confers long life?

Does immortality come with buying sufficient Pendraken goodies?

I may end up lying on my lead mountain a la Smaug.

Orcs

Quote from: fsn on 18 April 2016, 04:43:54 PM
Is there something about the Pendraken forum that confers long life?

Does immortality come with buying sufficient Pendraken goodies?

I may end up lying on my lead mountain a la Smaug.

There is a superstitious belief among Wargamers that when you paint your last unpainted figure you die.  Extrapolating this has brought the further suggestion that as a wargamer you cannot die until you have painted your last figure. Thus the bigger your lead pile the longer you will live.

This  theory does not take into account that  your  long suffering other half finally gets fed up of rooms full of wargame paraphanalia and rams each figure one by one where "the sun don't shine "- A good recommendation to stick to smaller scales here. ( just think 28mm Macedonian Pike - OUCH) :D

BucketKnight

I've never played WWII, but for some reason among all ranges I have a weak spot for the Polish. Perhaps it's the cavalry, or maybe the tankettes.  :)
And that convertible car is just wonderful. I might just have to have one regardless of playing games with it.

GrumpyOldMan

Hi

Just had a look at a picture of Polish troops invading Zaolzie (Cieszyn Silesia) 1938 at http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?p=2012693#p2009863 and I'd say that you could use the French Motorcycle troops as Polish :-

Although they do seem to have taken the leather liners out of their helmets  :-\

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan