Started by FierceKitty, 01 April 2016, 01:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ithoriel

Quote from: d_Guy on 02 April 2016, 02:54:06 AM
Thanks!  I had not heard them before - amp pickups on each drone and a mic on the chanter! Bitch'n! A while back someone here put up a link to a guy who shoots flames out of his drones - this is why I like this forum - and YouTube! Just put a Saor Patrol in my panting music playlist.

In that case, are you aware of The Red Hot Chilli Pipers?

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Subedai

Quote from: d_Guy on 02 April 2016, 02:54:06 AM
Thanks!  I had not heard them before - amp pickups on each drone and a mic on the chanter! Bitch'n! A while back someone here put up a link to a guy who shoots flames out of his drones - this is why I like this forum - and YouTube! Just put a Saor Patrol in my panting music playlist.
You say yiou found them on You Tube, if you download Spotify -the free version like wot I has- there are several of their lp's/cd's (whatever they are called now) on there. Plus a great deal of other really decent music.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

skywalker

There is a video on you tube featuring a lone piper playing AC/DC's Thunderstruck with flame throwing bag pipes unfortunately I can't figure out how to attach it :o

Roy

This it?

Bagpipes AC/DC "Thunderstruck" with flames Bad Piper

On Youtube: click [share] and it will provide you with a link Url, like so...

https://youtu.be/sgzZLNwqvdQ

Take this link url, copy and paste it onto this forum and delete all but the last bit of information, like so...

sgzZLNwqvdQ

Now, highlight the above and click on the "Youtube" button on the forum, like so...

:)
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Leman

... and from there I found Pipe Guy - techno beats on plastic pipes with flip-flops - incredible.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

Techno

I did NOT !  :D
Cheers - Phil

FierceKitty

Tennis. By the way, does everyone know that Enid Blyton used to enjoy playing tennis in Eve's uniform? Noddy would never have believed it.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Lord Kermit of Birkenhead

Quote from: Techno on 06 April 2016, 05:45:27 PM
I did NOT !  :D
Cheers - Phil

But I SAW YOU......

IanS
FOG IN CHANNEL - EUROPE CUT OFF
Lord Kermit of Birkenhead
Muppet of the year 2019, 2020 and 2021

Techno

Oooooh !.....You fibber !......Just to get me into trouble !  ;)
Cheers - Phil

FierceKitty

Honest injun. Look it up.

skywalker

That's the chap. Roy.
Thanks for the technical help as I am not too good with this modern sourcery  ;D ;D ;D

Roy

Play By Mail gaming  :-B

Especially "La Gloire du Roi / The Glory of Kings" by Agema Publications.

For those asking, "Y'what?!" Here's two links  :)

http://agema.org.uk/

http://nevermindthejankers.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/a-play-by-mail-email-campaign-game-of.html

Pen and paper gaming (or email). Imagination and book work. Big campaign with multiple players all being looked after by a (human) moderator / GM.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

FierceKitty

Japanese chess. Whoooeee, the feeling of letting the opposition get your rook and your bishop, then gently putting a gold onto the board with a discreet but very clear clack and quietly saying "mate".

Leman

Quietly saying, "Mate, it's your round."
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

d_Guy

Quote from: Ithoriel on 06 April 2016, 11:20:43 AM
In that case, are you aware of The Red Hot Chilli Pipers?
Actually, yes I have seen them (again thanks to this forum) and listen occasionally. I REALLY like Saor Patrol and now use them for my walking music!
Encumbered by Idjits, we pressed on