Show: World Wargames

Started by Leon, 13 August 2010, 07:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Leon

13 August 2010, 07:28:11 PM Last Edit: 01 September 2010, 12:20:24 PM by Megamatman
2nd/3rd October, University of Derby.

http://www.worldwargames.co.uk/
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Leon

Last call for pre-orders, and if you're at the show, come and say hi.  Incidentally, if anyone is staying over for both days, we'll probably be off for a curry on the Saturday night!
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Eldamarelf

Looks like I will be making the short Journey up to my old stomping ground next weekend (I use to do a lot of work just down the road at the Toyota factory) I dont need anything cast but i may change my mind by the time the show comes around. see you There.

Tom H  :d
aka BILBO

Leon

Quote from: Eldamarelf on 25 September 2010, 12:39:08 AM
Looks like I will be making the short Journey up to my old stomping ground next weekend (I use to do a lot of work just down the road at the Toyota factory) I dont need anything cast but i may change my mind by the time the show comes around. see you There.

Tom H  :d
aka BILBO

We'll be posting your order on Monday I think, so let me know if you need anything else bringing along!

Eldamarelf

Quote from: Leon on 25 September 2010, 01:22:46 AM
We'll be posting your order on Monday I think, so let me know if you need anything else bringing along!

I think my lead mountain will be quite large thanks. I just hope i can get it all painted by the time of our club game early november well the bits we nned to play with the other stuff is just to make things look good.

Thanks
Tom H :d
aka Bilbo

Eldamarelf

Quote from: Leon on 24 September 2010, 02:13:11 AM
Last call for pre-orders, and if you're at the show, come and say hi.  Incidentally, if anyone is staying over for both days, we'll probably be off for a curry on the Saturday night!

I may take you up on the offer of a curry as I am staying over.

aka Bilbo

Leon

Quote from: Eldamarelf on 25 September 2010, 01:27:27 AM
I may take you up on the offer of a curry as I am staying over.

aka Bilbo

We're down the road at the Premier Inn.  Last year we went out with the guys from the Newcastle Club to the Indian next door.

Eldamarelf

Quote from: Leon on 25 September 2010, 01:30:00 AM
We're down the road at the Premier Inn.  Last year we went out with the guys from the Newcastle Club to the Indian next door.

Holiday Inn for me im afraid but was a very good price. sounds good cant say as i have been out with the jordys but I also use to work up in Sunderland at the Nissan Factory did that for almost 6 months and was heart broken when it finished.

Tom H
aka Bilbo

Leon

Quote from: Eldamarelf on 25 September 2010, 01:33:17 AM
Holiday Inn for me im afraid but was a very good price. sounds good cant say as i have been out with the jordys but I also use to work up in Sunderland at the Nissan Factory did that for almost 6 months and was heart broken when it finished.

Tom H
aka Bilbo

Is that the one near Pride Park?  I think ours was £96 for me and Dave for Fri and Sat night, and it's only a mile from the venue.  We're gonna set up Fri night this year, instead of having to set off at 4am like last time!

There were some excellent cars came out of the Sunderland factory, including a couple I owned and an Almera Dave drives.  He's had it 5 years and it's never had a problem.  When that place first opened, didn't they ship the cars back to Japan to check the workmanship, before shipping them back here to be sold?

Eldamarelf

Quote from: Leon on 25 September 2010, 01:43:34 AM
Is that the one near Pride Park?  I think ours was £96 for me and Dave for Fri and Sat night, and it's only a mile from the venue.  We're gonna set up Fri night this year, instead of having to set off at 4am like last time!

There were some excellent cars came out of the Sunderland factory, including a couple I owned and an Almera Dave drives.  He's had it 5 years and it's never had a problem.  When that place first opened, didn't they ship the cars back to Japan to check the workmanship, before shipping them back here to be sold?

Indeed it is the one by pride park. £50.00 for a room for 4 for one night not rushing up Saturday though. I can personally say that every Nissan Primera which had a spoiler on it between 1995-1997 was probably made by me inspected by me or washed in solvent at Sunderland By me I can even remember the Roker Hotel on seaburn seafront my I must be getting old. I was one of the first people outside to have a go in the almera only just caught it though the line was origionally planed to go to spain as was I to sort out some parts never got there.

Tom H  :d
aka Bilbo

Leon

Quote from: Eldamarelf on 25 September 2010, 01:50:23 AM
Indeed it is the one by pride park. £50.00 for a room for 4 for one night not rushing up Saturday though. I can personally say that every Nissan Primera which had a spoiler on it between 1995-1997 was probably made by me inspected by me or washed in solvent at Sunderland By me I can even remember the Roker Hotel on seaburn seafront my I must be getting old. I was one of the first people outside to have a go in the almera only just caught it though the line was origionally planed to go to spain as was I to sort out some parts never got there.

Haha, you probably inspected one of mine then!  It was a '96 Primera 2.0 SLX hatchback in green!  Had one of those flat spoilers on that don't really seem to achieve anything.  It was a fantastic car though, got me all over the place for a long time.

8)

Eldamarelf

Quote from: Leon on 25 September 2010, 01:54:52 AM
Haha, you probably inspected one of mine then!  It was a '96 Primera 2.0 SLX hatchback in green!  Had one of those flat spoilers on that don't really seem to achieve anything.  It was a fantastic car though, got me all over the place for a long time.

8)

Oh I can do better than that I probably made it was one of easiest jobs I ever had use to take a regular op 2mins to trim and insert all the clips my usual speed was around 35 seconds mind you I use to use a sclpel to cut them out of the flash much to the annoyance of the Safety officer.

Leon

Quote from: Eldamarelf on 25 September 2010, 02:07:03 AM
Oh I can do better than that I probably made it was one of easiest jobs I ever had use to take a regular op 2mins to trim and insert all the clips my usual speed was around 35 seconds mind you I use to use a sclpel to cut them out of the flash much to the annoyance of the Safety officer.

;D  I actually got another spoiler off the LX I think, a raised curved one with a central leg, and had it fitted on top of my flat one, to create a kind of two-tier effect!  Plus, I had the rear number plate recess filled and the plate re-sited on the back bumper; and a Sunny Pulsar GTiR bonnet vent fitted up front! 

I think the term is.... boy-racer...   :-[

Eldamarelf

Quote from: Leon on 25 September 2010, 02:18:24 AM
;D  I actually got another spoiler off the LX I think, a raised curved one with a central leg, and had it fitted on top of my flat one, to create a kind of two-tier effect!  Plus, I had the rear number plate recess filled and the plate re-sited on the back bumper; and a Sunny Pulsar GTiR bonnet vent fitted up front! 

I think the term is.... boy-racer...   :-[

yes you are correct and the spoiler was also most likley made by me at some point was a nice spoiler we had an absolute nightmare getting a whole one back for one of the boys we actually put everything into it bar the rear break light we were not trusted to do that so we just lent one if you know what i mean#

aka Bilbo

Leon

Quote from: Eldamarelf on 25 September 2010, 02:23:40 AM
yes you are correct and the spoiler was also most likley made by me at some point was a nice spoiler we had an absolute nightmare getting a whole one back for one of the boys we actually put everything into it bar the rear break light we were not trusted to do that so we just lent one if you know what i mean#

aka Bilbo

I was never flash enough to have a built-in brake light...!   :D