Bodvoc's Little World

Started by Bodvoc, 26 March 2016, 08:19:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fsn

Before I splashed out fro the box, I made my own. A clear plastic box (Really Useful Box Company are excellent), lined with greaseproof paper. I was fortunate to have two small desk lamps with daylight bulbs that I used to shine onto the box.

It's just a case of getting an even, diffuse light on the figures.

In my case, as may have been intimated, my photography is far better than my painting. Hence I tend to delete many, many photographs.  :(
Lord Oik of Runcorn (You may refer to me as Milord Oik)

Oik of the Year 2013, 2014; Prize for originality and 'having a go, bless him', 2015
3 votes in the 2016 Painting Competition!; 2017-2019 The Wilderness years
Oik of the Year 2020; 7 votes in the 2021 Painting Competition
11 votes in the 2022 Painting Competition (Double figures!)
2023 - the year of Gerald:
2024 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Ithoriel

My own "lightbox" is four pieces of A4 card. One for the base, one for the back, two for the sides all artfully joined by strips of Sellotape.

Cost next to nothing, stores flat, is big enough for anything in the 3mm - 15mm range that my figures are these days and seems to work well enough. 
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Bodvoc

Ok, I have found my little tripod and fitted it to my camera. I then improved the light onto my table and took several photos, editing the best two for your viewing pleasure :)

First up a field for 15mm ECW/Baroque, this was made from some strips of resin wall bought from the Art Shop in Darlington. I cut a piece out of one to create a gateway, made a gate from coffee stirrers and filled in any gaps in the wall. A quick paint job and it was ready.

I also have painted up some 15mm slingers for my Carthaginian army (14 units done now, they will be ready to actually have a game soon).

Tomorrow could a busy day with upto 3 games to fit in, more Dragon Rampant and another go at Mantic's Deadzone.
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Techno

Very nice work, Bodvoc ! (Figs & Pics.)

Cheers - Phil

Leman

Very nice - I like to see effort put into terrain.
The artist formerly known as Dour Puritan!

paulr

:-bd =D> :-bd

The tripod has definitely improved the pictures  :)
Lord Lensman of Wellington
2018 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2022 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2023 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

nikharwood

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

FierceKitty

I like the slingers. Have you considered doing one or two with slings tied around their heads, sweatband fashion?
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.