10mm or 15mm Gorilla/Yeti

Started by GrumpyOldMan, 24 March 2016, 11:16:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrumpyOldMan

Hi

I was just looking around for a Yeti and I haven't found anything yet. Does anybody know of any 10mm/15mm Yeti or Gorilla figure?

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Ithoriel

24 March 2016, 11:22:33 PM #1 Last Edit: 24 March 2016, 11:25:17 PM by Ithoriel
I was planning on using DN60

http://www.pendraken.co.uk/DN60-p6382/

Copplestone (now from North Star) do a 15mm scale Yeti set but they are basically 25mm scale figures. Nice models but awfae big fur a 10mm yeti IMHO.
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

GrumpyOldMan

Hello Ithoriel

Thanks for the info. I didn't think about that #-o.

I did find some apes from a rival company but I think they may have been too small. 15mm.co.UK have an ape but at 18mm tall may have been too big.

Thanks again. Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 25 March 2016, 03:38:43 AM
Hello Ithoriel

Thanks for the info. I didn't think about that #-o.

I did find some apes from a rival company but I think they may have been too small. 15mm.co.UK have an ape but at 18mm tall may have been too big.

Thanks again. Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

If 18mm is too big then DN60 is going to be much to big! There's a skull on the base to give you some idea of scale, but from memory it's around 25mm in height! If I remember - and can find where they are - I'll measure mine later.

Cheers!

Meirion
(I know, even though it's fantasy  :o  ;)  )

FierceKitty

25 March 2016, 09:23:21 AM #4 Last Edit: 25 March 2016, 09:25:19 AM by FierceKitty
Ask Irregular Miniatures; it's the sort of thing they'd be likely to have. There's a King Kong pack for Tusk in 6mm that might be right up your tree.
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

GrumpyOldMan

Hello O Dinas Powys and FierceKitty

Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 25 March 2016, 08:17:04 AM
If 18mm is too big then DN60 is going to be much to big! There's a skull on the base to give you some idea of scale, but from memory it's around 25mm in height! If I remember - and can find where they are - I'll measure mine later.

Cheers!

Meirion

Thank you. If you can find them (and somebody else hasn't tidied up and forgotten where they've put stuff - a particular bugbear of mine) a measurement would be appreciated.

Quote from: FierceKitty on 25 March 2016, 09:23:21 AM
Ask Irregular Miniatures; it's the sort of thing they'd be likely to have. There's a King Kong pack for Tusk in 6mm that might be right up your tree.

Thanks. I did have a look through their ranges but, as usual, if it wasn't bleeding obvious - it eluded me  :D. Of course they'd need a giant ape for a King Kong pack  #-o

Now that I've got some info on the Indus and Shangri La army lists for Warmaster, I thought I'd get look at coming up with a Tibetan type list using Late Roman cataphracts for the knights and Mongols for the hoi polloi. Will have to decide now whether the Yeti are ogre type infantry or monsters - figures for both available now ~X( - The other manufacturer, which shall be known by the alias MM, also has a giant ape in their 15mm range.

Might use some of the brass amulets from this ebay seller as well -

http://stores.ebay.com.au/nagabronzestatue/

Pic of some of their amulets with Copplestone infantry and Pendraken cavalry below

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: GrumpyOldMan on 25 March 2016, 09:28:37 PM
Quote from: O Dinas Powys on 25 March 2016, 08:17:04 AM

Cheers!

Meirion

Thank you. If you can find them (and somebody else hasn't tidied up and forgotten where they've put stuff - a particular bugbear of mine) a measurement would be appreciated.

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Luckily I'd put them in a logical place!  :D

Unfortunately the Frost Troll is ~20mm to the top of its head, so yup, even bigger than that ape  :'(

Cheers!

Meirion

FierceKitty

The hoi poloi. Hoi means the already.

Ithoriel

Plan B ... import from the US and risk the stupidly expensive charges.

Wildmen of the Savannah from Khurasan - sculpted by Phil Lewis apparently

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

FierceKitty

Stop, Dave...will you stop, Dave? My mind is going...I can feel it....

Ithoriel

FierceKitty

O Dinas Powys

Quote from: Ithoriel on 26 March 2016, 01:13:41 AM
Plan B ... import from the US and risk the stupidly expensive charges.

Wildmen of the Savannah from Khurasan - sculpted by Phil Lewis apparently

VERY nice  :-bd

How tall are they Phil?!  :-\  ;)

Cheers!

Meirion