SYW range

Started by Zbigniew, 14 March 2010, 12:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zbigniew

Hi, I have a huge collection of Pendraken SYW for western theatre.
I have noticed that rarely there are some additions. Do you now how this range would be expanded.
I think it should definitely be expanded. The figs are beautiful. I now that ranges like WW2 are more
popular but some new SYW figs would be nice. For example Hanoverian cavalry and grenadiers or french infantry with front turnbacks and full turnbacks. I would like to have SYW casualty markers, too.
Any news on the subject?
thanks,
Zbigniew

Leon

I'll add these to the list.  Something like casualties and dead markers shouldn't be too hard to do.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Zbigniew

15 March 2010, 10:01:45 AM #2 Last Edit: 15 March 2010, 10:07:17 AM by Zbigniew
Yes, and making French infantry in turned back coats should be very easy too. Sculptor could only change the heads in existing French grenadiers in turned back coats. :)
And yet, they are really needed for all those foreign infantry on French pay as well as Gardes Francais. (Till now I used Russians in coats for them, but they are not quite suitable cause some belts difference.)

Paul Cox

Like Zbigniew I would also be very keen to see SYW French with turnbacks for gardes and foreign infantry regiments.  Coincidentally I did ask Dave about making these only a week or two ago and got the impression he was considering it seriously.

Cheers

Paul

Leon

Yeah, it's something we've discussed, it's just fitting it into one of the designers schedules.  We could maybe look at it better at the beginning of April when the next batch of SCW stuff is finished.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Zbigniew

Very good news that it was discussed. Please do at least one pose of French Infantry in turnbacks- favourably advancing or marching one.
That alone would make me very happy!

Gunhit

I would like to second casualty markers, foot & cavalry please. There are several rule systems available now that these these would be very useful and save on cluttering the gaming field with dice (which can get very confusing  ;D)

Adrian

Gunhit

Howabout the Ottamans making an appearance in the SYW range?

Adrian

Zbigniew

yeah, and Sepoys and other East India stuff for Clive's campaign!
My huge order guaranteed :)

YORSTONS

Hi. I would like to see some more supply wagons and cassions also could we have 4 crew per artillery piece instead of 3. I use the awi casualty pack for markers for the syw but we could also use some cavalry casualty markers. And how about some generals and staff officers on foot looking at maps and gaizing through there telescopes that sort of thing.

Leon

Thanks for those, I've added them to the list.

The SYW artillery all come with 6 crew per gun?  4 generic types and 2 nation-specific fellas.

caballopublico

Leon, any chance to see a kneeling pose on a future at SYW range?

Best wishes,

maciek

Add some different poses to your SYW line, please.
- more dynamic advancing
- cavalry charging / at full gallop
BTW, I think the "jumping" horse used through the periods isn't very good. You could make another pose and mix it with old in packs to create diversity.
Maciek

http://zealandbayonets.blogspot.com/
wargaming in 10mm

2015 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!

Leon

Thanks for the suggestions, we'll add those.

Zbigniew

But first, Frenchmen in turnbacks...please :D