Why did I do that?

Started by Bodvoc, 21 March 2016, 09:13:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bodvoc

So, why did I allow myself to be persuaded to play football in a staff v boys game today. I can hardly walk now, never, never, ever again.
My problem is I still think I am 25 not 55!
'If I throw a six I'll do my happy dance'!

2016 Painting Competition - People's Choice!

Roy

If you're off work tomorrow we can play for longer with our game!
Brilliant scheme  ;)

If you're sitting down, I won't need to ask.
princeps Roy , prince de Monacorra, (ascended in February 2023)
His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

All Hail the Principality of Monacorra!  8-}

Duke Speedy of Leighton

You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

jimduncanuk

Quote from: Bodvoc on 21 March 2016, 09:13:09 PM
So, why did I allow myself to be persuaded to play football in a staff v boys game today. I can hardly walk now, never, never, ever again.

I stopped playing football for the works team when I was 49. I could still play OK but it was the 6 months of physio every year that got me.
Not many people still limp when they are sat down.
My Ego forbids a signature.

Techno

It says something positive that you still felt fit enough to put on a pair of boots on !...I'm impressed.

I've thought of doing my own version of the 'Iron man' challenge....... But instead of the swim....I'd have a bath.....Instead of the Marathon, I could walk a few hundred yards round the fields with the dogs.....Instead of the 112 mile cycle race......Hmmm...I suppose I could see if the tyres would still hold any air, and TRY and cycle the mile or so into the village.
I doubt I'd make it though.  ;D ;D

Cheers - Phil

Steve J

Hmmm, I would like to play more sport but my knackered knees will not allow it, as much as I might wish. Then there is my old back, gammy shoulder.... the list goes on :D

Bodvoc

The pain in my legs is not as bad as the ear bashing I got from the Mrs whose opinion of my common sense is now even lower.

Subedai

Quote from: Bodvoc on 22 March 2016, 06:54:31 AM
The pain in my legs is not as bad as the ear bashing I got from the Mrs whose opinion of my common sense is now even lower.

Yep, I'd get the same from Ma Subs. I used to play football when I was younger but now I'm very much a spectator -from the touchline, the stand or the armchair.
Blog is at
http://thewordsofsubedai.blogspot.co.uk/

2017 Paint-Off - Winner!

d_Guy

We are guys - this is what we do! My wife says it's in our owners manual.
Sleep with clean hands ...

Bodvoc

This is why I like this forum, I know I am not alone. :)

Orcs

I have bought one of these to present my eldest with at the end of my "Father of the Bride" Speech at her wedding next year

Obviously the "techno version" has him burning his hand and setting the wall paper on fire
The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Techno

WRONG !!!

The Techno version, has him using a blow torch on plastic/nylon pipes.  :P

Cheers - Phil :D

Roy

23 March 2016, 01:34:44 PM #12 Last Edit: 23 March 2016, 01:50:41 PM by RoyWilliamson
Best thing to use a blow torch on, in my experience, is thick cobwebs (especially those covered in building dust) and dry rot.
Probably doesn't kill the fungus spores, but it ain't half fun messing about with fire and watching things 'vanish' in flames.

Another fun one is to wet a decorators brush with water and then flick it with a quick wrist action so the water fires out. Best place to aim at is a 'lit' electrical light bulb. Watch and listen to it BANG!

His Serene Highness the Sovereign Prince of (the imaginary sovereign microstate of) Monacorra

d_Guy

In the dead of winter a propane torch is perfect for unthawing the door lock on your car. Great judgement and control is required, however, or disaster ensues.
Sleep with clean hands ...

Roy

Quote from: d_Guy on 23 March 2016, 01:46:47 PM
In the dead of winter a propane torch is perfect for unthawing the door lock on your car. Great judgement and control is required, however, or disaster ensues.

Not like this, then?