1859 Austrian infantry

Started by Shedman, 17 March 2016, 11:17:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shedman

Now that my RJW project is almost complete I've started to look at finishing off my 1859 Austrian  army

I have shedloads of the original AU1 Line in kittel painted up

Is this code still the original figures or has it been resculpted?

I see that there are a few "new" codes - ok it's a long time since I looked

AU10 Hungarian line in kittel - RESCULPTED
AU14 Foot command in kittel

Does anyone have any photos of these?

Thanks

Alan

toxicpixie

Great minds, Alan!

I'm just started some personal 1859 figures. I'm afraid they're Italians though so can't help with figure identification, but I can say the Italian 1859 range (well, pack!) is very nice and a newer sculpt (based off the 1859 French Voltiguers?), whilst the 1860's Italians are the older, slightly built figures. Mine will be doing duty from the Crimea to 1870 so might end up a bit generically out of place everywhere but given the Kingdom of Sardinia's persistent inability to actually reclothe and rearm it's rapidly expanding troops and almost constant uniform changes I figure they'll all fit somewhen, somewhen!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Leon

The only 'old' codes remaining in the Austrian range are the Jagers and Grenzers, codes AU3 and AU12.  Everything else has been revamped now.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

Shedman

Thanks both

Looks like my Austrian army is going the way of my 1859 French army - old and new casts side by side

Not a problem

Alan

Bill Braham

I have a mix of different sculpts in mine and even some of the really old Austrian infantry in pack and marching in a kind of port arms pose. They are chunky compared to the ranges that have been re-sculpted but have a certain charm plus I am not going to junk perfectly good painted and based figures.  I am in the process of pulling out the kittel and greatcoat types to make an 1859 Division and build up into a corps for 1864 & 1866 although is a slow, almost glacial process.