Help with Lizardmen

Started by mrborges, 14 March 2016, 03:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrborges

Hey gang,
with the Canadian Dollar/British Pound exchange not AS horrible as before (close, but not as bad), a friend and I are ready to order some more Pendraken figures to expand our Warband fun.  I think we are going to see two or more of either Elves, Undead and Lizardmen.

Looking at the Lizardmen list I've got some Qs. If I've missed the answers elsewhere in the forum, just direct me please.

-The Raptor Riders in the army list are Flyers, but the models look to not be.  Are there wings I can't see, or should I just remove the Flyers rule?

-Are there appropriate models for Flying Snakes and Forest Scorpions? Any of the old Fantasy models work?

AndyT

I was wondering the same thing about the Raptor Riders.

For scorpions there is a pack in the Dungeon Monsters range (DN62 I think) or there is a pack of presumably larger scorpions in the 'Warband' monsters section.

Cheers, Andy

Techno

Um...

The raptors certainly didn't have wings when I was working on them.

There IS a new scorpion in the Warband range (Actually...a couple of them....with interchangeable tails.)

Cheers - Phil

fred.

I think you want FTL11 flyer, from the tribal Lizardmen range.

Seems to be a bit of confusion between Warband names and the catalogue.

The scorpions are nice  figures.

The flying snakes less so. 
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Nosher

Interesting.... This is a range I've been considering but hadn't looked that closely at the lists as I still have lots of other WB armies on the go at the moment.

The 'Riders' are clearly mounted. I'd be very reticent to use them as flyers, even though were talking fantasy rules I think eyebrows would be raised in consternation at the table by prospective opponents.

There are Raptor Flyers in the old range (and Lizard Riders too). I assume the current Riders are remodels of the old Lizard Riders.

The simplest solution might be to include an errata for the Lizardmen list to include Flyers and Riders.

Will we get new Raptor Flyer models  :D
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

Chieftain

Quote from: Nosher on 14 March 2016, 09:03:19 AM

The simplest solution might be to include an errata for the Lizardmen list to include Flyers and Riders.

Good idea.  I'll get that done.
Official Guru of our Warband rules!

Techno

Will we get new Raptor Flyer models  :D

Up to the Boss !.....I'm certainly happy to do them.

Cheers - Phil

FierceKitty

An erratum. Two errata.

Linguam servate Latinam!
I don't drink coffee to wake up. I wake up to drink coffee.

Ithoriel

Latin is a dead tongue.
Dead as dead can be!
First it killed the Romans ...
... and now it's killing me!! :)
There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Orcs

14 March 2016, 11:50:31 AM #9 Last Edit: 14 March 2016, 11:54:08 AM by Just a few Orcs
There are three types of suitable flyers for the Lizardmen (excluding the flying snakes)

AC14 Flying Dragon.  I do not have any so cannot comment on size Etc
FTL10  This is a flying Lizard with a next on it with a javelin.
FL9 Flying Dinosaur.

Ft 9 I use as a Flying lizard
FTL10 I use as Terradons (as per Warmaster lists)

Both of the above are mounted on 20x40mm bases. I have varied the height they fly t so that the wings overlap eachothers bses and allow the bases to be in contact.

For a general I used FL 4 General on Giant Tortoise.  if you Driill the General and put a pin in the seat you can drill a small hole in the toitoise so you can use as a generals monster mount  or as a monster in its own right (wamaster again)

The Lizardmen  are a better sculpted range than the Tribal Lizards, but use both ranges to get a mix. 

The cynics are right nine times out of ten. -Mencken, H. L.

Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well. - Robert Louis Stevenson

Nosher

Quote from: Chieftain on 14 March 2016, 09:12:26 AM
Good idea.  I'll get that done.

Nice one. ERRATA it is then. What Ho FK?
I don't think my wife likes me very much, when I had a heart attack she wrote for an ambulance.

Frank Carson

fred.

Giving the Lizardmen cavalry would be very good (not least because I have loads of figures!)

I have the 3 models listed above, I will try to find / take photos later.
2011 Painting Competition - Winner!
2012 Painting Competition - 2 x Runner-Up
2016 Painting Competition - Runner-Up!
2017 Paint-Off - 3 x Winner!

My wife's creations: Jewellery and decorations with sparkle and shine at http://www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/ISCHIOCrafts

Chieftain

Official Guru of our Warband rules!

Nosher

Frank Carson

Leon

That was a bit of confusion on my part I think, I'd read the Raptor Riders in the army lists as being mounted and that's what we sent to Techno for remodelling.  I realised the mistake last week when we were putting the army packs together so we'll be sending some of the old FTL11 flyers off to Phil to get reworked for the new Lizard range.
www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!