'Vikings!'

Started by Heedless Horseman, 13 March 2016, 03:04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heedless Horseman

Am enjoying 'Vikings!' on DVD. Might there be scope for lightly armed, bareheaded, (Mohiccans!) , warriors with small axe/sword/spear and shield? And Lagertha! lol!   :P   ;D
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Ithoriel

Already been brief thoughts on that subject.

Skraelings - Vikings v Indians

I'm tempted to get a pack of the French Indian wars figures to see how hard it would be to replace guns with spears and bows.

So many potential projects, so little time! :)

There are 100 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who can work from incomplete data

Duke Speedy of Leighton

Something like this?
http://www.hfminis.co.uk/shop?product=resin-master-%252d-haleth~hfmaster-h116&category=fantasy-%26%0D%0Asteampunk~fantasy-humans
You may refer to me as: Your Grace, Duke Speedy of Leighton.
2016 Pendraken Painting Competion Participation Prize  (Lucky Dip Catagory) Winner

Heedless Horseman

Well we can wish!   :P
(40 Yrs ago. I should have been an Angry Young Man... but wasn't.
Now... I am an Old B******! )  ;)

Leon

www.pendraken.co.uk - Now home to over 7000 products, including 4500 items for 10mm wargaming, plus MDF bases, Battlescale buildings, I-94 decals, Litko Gaming Aids, Militia Miniatures, Raiden Miniatures 1/285th aircraft, Red Vectors MDF products, Vallejo paints and much, much more!

toxicpixie

Sorry for the "threadomancer" here - but you can find Indians with spears and bows at Lancashire Games, mounted and dismounted. Would they be clothed appropriately for the period? I don't know, but I suspect a paint conversion and not looking too hard would do it if not :)

http://www.littlewarsminiatures.co.uk/

Until Leon & Co. do some with bows they might be a handy match!
I provide a cheap, quick painting service to get you table top quality figures ready to roll - www.facebook.com/jtppainting

Raider4

Quote from: Heedless Horseman on 13 March 2016, 03:04:45 AM
Am enjoying 'Vikings!' on DVD. Might there be scope for lightly armed, bareheaded, (Mohiccans!) , warriors with small axe/sword/spear and shield?

I'm just catching this, and agree we need some figs. It occurs to me that ARL16 (excellent figures, btw) covers the spear & shield. Would it be possible to take these as a starting point and produce variants with an axe or sword in place of the spear? Then just need a bow-armed figure as well to round out the range.

Cheers, Martyn
--

d_Guy

Just noticed this also. Recently Leon suggested to me AI11 as a possible proxy for indigenous warriors in King Phillip's War:

These coupled with some FIW figures should give me enough to work with. The figures have just arrived so will start experiments soon.

Apostrophes in thread title warning
Sleep with clean hands ...

Raider4

Quote from: d_Guy on 28 June 2017, 05:43:32 PM
Apostrophes in thread title warning

Yes. I've been trying to post my reply for about a week, and kept getting the 'database error' message. Eventually worked it out though.

Cheers, Martyn
--